• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Gameday - 2020 Week 6 - Washington @ New York Giants - TV Maps Included

Fair point on the defense - although I will point out that 13 points should've been a lot more. We benefited from the same offensiveness ineptitude and miscues from the Giants that we suffer from. But the defense may have had a hand in limiting what should have been TD drives to FGs. Specifically, I'm criticizing the defense for failing to get any consistent pressure on Jones. We should've been all over him all day long but really it was THEIR DL that applied pressure on the QB, not ours (with a few exceptions). Allen had two bad plays. Those are unacceptable. But just like we would be saying with Haskins, he's a very young inexperienced QB. Who knows if he can learn to limit the mistakes and become more reliable?

I guess the level of patience and investment is going to be a bit larger with someone who puts in the work, and is willing to play within the parameters of the offense. He just looked more effective, and I saw a stat that we were like 53% on 3rd down. That matters. His 2 bad plays cost us the game... but it looked quite a bit different.

Last edited:
Kyle Allen is in his third year under the same coach. He's not very young or very new. I think we are seeing his top end right now. I think he's a career backup.

Nothing wrong with that, but let's not overthink a spotty performance against an 0-5 team.

Had Haskins been out there, the WFT would probably have lost, because the WFT is terrible right now. But Haskins might have learned something from being on the field. I have to assume at this point Haskins is done here, which means the team is an entire season away from having a chance of finding a QB now. If it ain't Haskins, none of the guys on this roster are the future.

Not in my opinion.

He's got a handful of more starts than Haskins. Scott Turner didn't take over as OC until late last season. And he's playing with an entirely different cast. So your position is, Allen can't learn from more starting experience (he's reached his ceiling with a season and a half of NFL starts in his career), but Haskins with 5 or 6 starts less can?

Is either guy a future franchise QB? Probably not. But we don't know that - for either guy - yet.

Last edited:
I think we got an incomplete grade on Allen yesterday

He stared down that receiver and threw an interception
He was holding the ball like a jackass and fumbled for a TD
He threw a worm burner on 4th down towards the end of the game

He threw that screen over the top of everyone to JD and dropped it right in his hands
he threw a great fade route to Logan for a TD
He threaded the needle with McLaurin on a 4th down to keep a drive alive

And he used his feet more than once to save a series - if only he'd done it one more time on that last play... But yeah, it was a mixed bag. I'd like to see what the kid could do with some decent protection.

That first down where he spun and extended the ball forward for a first...great play!

He's got a handful of more starts than Haskins. Scott Turner didn't take over as OC until late last season. And he's playing with an entirely different cast. So your position is, Allen can't learn from more starting experience (he's reached his ceiling with a season and a half of NFL starts in his career), but Haskins with 5 or 6 starts less can?

Is either guy a future franchise QB? Probably not. But we don't know that - for either guy - yet.

Boone, I love the optimism.

But this is Washington. We know. :)

I'd give Allen one more start to show me something, just something that says he can handle or at least be adequate at the job, if not, let Alex start, however I'm not the coach, if I was everyone here would be hating on my awesome special teams including the swinging gate.

Ultimately, the game was between two crappy teams dueling to a draw....except Rivera felt that he had a 2-pt conversion ready to fire. We were going to punt if Allen didn't fumble. Then who knows what Jones does on that drive. Either we stuff him like we were, or we just simply lose our mojo and give them the points to take the lead after a long extended drive.

Allen is what he is. Moments of capability, but when the pressure is on, he folds like a cheap tent and turns the ball over...after all that's how Ron got fired from Carolina......Still executes better than Haskins though...which is valuable in getting film to evaluate the rest of the offense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.