• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Friday 2/14 Down Time - Move to the New Site

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Maybe it's appropriate it's Valentine's day Friday. We will be taking the current site down and migrating to our new BGO site on the Xenforo platform. I can't give you exact start time for the site going down, nor how long it will be down. If things go smoothly, the shiny new BGO doors should be open for visitors sometime late Friday afternoon or evening. Should we run into any unexpected snags, of course, the downtime could be more extended. We will have some resources available including a 'New BGO User Guide' or you guys can just act like men, throw the instructions away, and try and figure it all out on your own. All kidding aside - I really encourage you to read the documentation we've put together, so that you are aware of all the features of the new software.

As you've likely heard me state - Tapatalk, which has been our go to mobile product for the better part of a decade, will not be a part of the new site. The mobile Xenforo style is amazingly good, and that will be the only way to visit BGO on a mobile device. There are lots of other reasons we are making that major change. For those of you who have loved using Tapatalk (as I have), trust me - the replacement style is much, much more functional. There's literally nothing you can do on the live site that you can't do on your phone.

Hang in there until Friday folks. We're excited and hope you are too. Although we've already spent (and then some) all of your generous donations, we appreciate them as it did make this enormous task a little bit less personally painful for Mark, Bob, and I.

See you soon :cheers:

FYI...

I will not be submitting a mock draft to BBQ on Friday, but will probably do so at the new place on Saturday.

You're going to like the new place. It will make you look ten years younger, twenty pounds lighter, and twice as sexy.

You guys rock. Looking forward to the new digs. Thanks for the hard work fellas.

FYI...

I will not be submitting a mock draft to BBQ on Friday, but will probably do so at the new place on Saturday.

You're going to like the new place. It will make you look ten years younger, twenty pounds lighter, and twice as sexy.

You guys rock. Looking forward to the new digs. Thanks for the hard work fellas.

Take your shoes off when you enter the new place :p

As far as we know, we're still a 'go' for our site migration tomorrow. We'll keep you guys posted. Will be excited to get everyone in the new digs and exploring. :)

As far as we know, we're still a 'go' for our site migration tomorrow. We'll keep you guys posted. Will be excited to get everyone in the new digs and exploring. :)
Awesome!

Thanks @DixieFlatline ... checking for a pulse on the rest of these zombies :)

You may see the current site open and inaccessible at times today as we prep for changeover. Thanks for bearing with us.

How will we get to the new site? Will we transition automatically or??

You won't have to do anything - whatever url you are currently using should bring you right to the new site. It may not happen today due to some unforeseen prep work needed.

You won't have to do anything - whatever url you are currently using should bring you right to the new site. It may not happen today due to some unforeseen prep work needed.

In all seriousness, as this past season progressed, I saw your frustration and the overall attitude of most Redskins' fans...why are we investing so much? But for you, the investment went beyond most. It felt like you were ready to give in to the whole thing, this site included.

So when you announced BGO was closing the doors, I was not surprised. Disappointed beyond measure, but not surprised.

So as we move into the next phase of BGO, I mention all that to thank you and let you know we appreciate all that you do to keep the place open!

Thank you John! And thank all of you! While I will keep the doors of the other place open for all who joined, this is more like home.

Thanks Brian! Honestly - I want to get back to the guy and fan I used to be, who along with Mark, Bob, Henry, Pete, and originally Sol (who I wish we could get back here) started this place. I've let the failures of the team beat me down. Al and I have had conversations about this. I'm snarky and cynical at times, and I have said things to fellow members that had they said them to me, I'd probably have a problem with. I have also felt demoralized at times over the general decline of enthusiasm for messageboards and forums.

Bottom line - when we first started the site and began to realize how much work it took to build it and keep it going, we discussed that if all we ever accomplished was creating a really cool place for us and 50 of our best friends to hang out on and discuss football and life - well, that would be pretty damn good. I think we did that with the current site, and I think that'll remain the core goal with the new one.

We are proud of the new site - and the software is a lot better. Pretty confident folks are going to like it.

We'll know soon enough :)

Appreciate the nice thoughts and sentiments :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.