• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Crazy Idea No One has Mentioned

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
This is both a team on the cusp AND a team up for sale. This makes for some wild possibilities. Here is one more.

A new owner is going to want their own people running things, especially after spending over $7B on the team.

The current coach has already said we have to pursue the QB position again in the offseason which means that will likely go double for a new coaching staff.

Rumors are Sean Payton is quietly putting together a staff for the 2023 season. Rumor also has it that Payton wants to coach Tom Brady who is going to be a Free Agent.

A new owner will know that amping up the excitement with this abused fanbase has to be one of the first orders of business. Couldn't amp it up much more than this combination could you?

I'm just spit-balling here...

Do you think that any new owner, if there is one, will be in place in time to make a big move before some other team does so?

Personally, I don’t. Next offseason seems like the earliest window.

I thought Brady was going to LV to team up with Adams, Jacobs, Waller and ole buddy Josh McDaniel.

Do you think that any new owner, if there is one, will be in place in time to make a big move before some other team does so?

Personally, I don’t. Next offseason seems like the earliest window.
Officially and publicly? No.

But with an accepted bid and everything in place short of approval from the NFL ownership, working on the sly? Yes. Yes, I do.

I assume anyone with a legit bid registered for this team already has something of an NFL brain trust in place. I also assume they will want to make a splash ASAP.

With these things in mind, it would be completely possible to have agreements in place with Payton and staff soon after the Super Bowl which is mid-February this year. The scouting combine is at the end of Feb, Free Agency starts March 15th and the next owner's meeting is at the end of March.

Understand, I'm not saying this is probable - just possible with the right people and the right money.

However, I just listened to Florio discuss possible landing spots for a Peyton/Brady combo and the basis for things seemed to be a team that is ready to win now except for missing a QB. Washington wasn't even mentioned even though I think we are of a mind that with the right QB we would be in the thick of things in the NFC.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Payton goes back to New Orleans, thus saving his future team paying significant draft capital for him, and brings Brady with him.

There was a serious plan last year for Payton to go to Miami and bring Brady until the Flores situation took place.

Officially and publicly? No.

But with an accepted bid and everything in place short of approval from the NFL ownership, working on the sly? Yes. Yes, I do.

I assume anyone with a legit bid registered for this team already has something of an NFL brain trust in place. I also assume they will want to make a splash ASAP.

Understand, I'm not saying this is probable.

However, I just listened to Florio discuss possible landing spots for a Peyton/Brady combo and the basis for things seemed to be a team that is ready to win now except for missing a QB. Washington wasn't even mentioned even though I think we are of a mind that with the right QB we would be in the thick of things in the NFC.

I hope you’re right. 😎

Payton is going to cost crazy draft picks. That’s the main reason it won’t be us.

No thanks on Brady

But, can the new owner change our name back please? I see more redskins comments than anything else whenever the team is mentioned in social media.

The new owner may rebrand the team. In fact, I hope they do.

However, the old name isn't coming back. No use asking or begging or wishing.

There is plenty of use in asking and wishing. But, I never beg.

You know what the real 'crazy' idea would turn out to be?

A new owner takes some time and actually puts a plan in place to move this organization forward over time and doesn't worry about the month to month optics from media and even the fans.

And he/she does that by assembling a team of highly respected football people that are willing to go all in with him to make it happen.

No more coaches hiring GMs. No more owners drafting quarterbacks. No more players advising the front office on what players to draft.

It's amusing to me that the best athletes in DC in years, Ovechkin and Max Scherzer, both said they leave personnel to the GM and front office and don't ride the team over draft picks and who is going to be on the team next year, etc.

And those are Hall of Famers, not the knuckleheads we have had here with the football team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.