• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Commanders Coffee #16

What should be priority #1 for the Commanders going into the offseason?

• Clean House - Bye, Bye Rivera Era

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Move mountains to draft a top-rated QB

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Do whatever it takes to bring in a proven NFL vet QB with a solid track record

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above (explain your choice in comments)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Canadian Hog

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Names change, results clearly don't.

Today's putrid performance that put the final nail in the Washington Commanders' inaugural season has left a terrible taste in mouths of long-suffering fans. Confidence in Ron Rivera after what turned out to be an awful decision to start Carson Wentz in a do or die game vs. Cleveland is likely at the lowest point it has been since his arrival. That being said, what is priority #1 for you going into the 2023 off-season?

I'm not sure it will be practical to fire Rivera - even though he deserves to be let go and the thought of listening to his bullshit platitudes and watching his clumsy clueless in-game decisions for another season makes me nauseous. We do have to continue rolling the dice in the draft. Who knows - maybe Howell can be the guy, but that's likely a longshot. Gotta keep going to the well.

But the #1 priority has to be the departure of Snyder and finding the best possible GM we can find to rebuild this thing the right way.

I don't think much can be done until everyone knows who the owner will be. Look at the mess Denver is at the moment - arguably worse than we are.

First priority is get a new owner. Let the owner decide what to do with the football staff. Then regardless of that, here are the priorities:

1. Upgrade the offensive line - Preferably in the draft as we have seen veterans brought in this year were not upgrades
2. Upgrade the linebackers - Definitely the weakest unit on the team. It needs an upgrade as teams are looking to expose that part of the team
3. Get a QB - Yes, this is 3rd for me as without an offensive line, whoever the QB is will get killed or will be running for their life with no real opportunity to show what kind of QB they can be

I do think it's time to get rid of Rivera, but I have a feeling that unless he fires some of his staff or the coaches quit (that means Ron or any others), we are looking at the same staff next year even with a new owner. They will probably use next year to evaluate and see what they have, then go from there.

Rivera has no control of the team, and apparently didn't even know we could be eliminated yesterday. He's clueless

We need his entire team out of here. That includes del Rio who used to be a dominant DC.

Wentz should not even dress again. He shouldn't even wear our colors on the sidelines. He should have to wear gray as a sign he's not a part of this team

The guy just isn't a good QB. It's not his fault we traded for him and thrust him in as starter. Not his fault Rivera turned to him to save the season. And while it was painful to watch, it's not even really his fault he can't play well any more. For whatever reason, his confidence is totally gone. I'm not angry at Carson Wentz.

Dahmer had a father who loved him and said he was a good kid. Not his fault he was mentally insane and killed people.

Wentz fleeced us. He has a big fat paycheck while he only can throw moon shots and interceptions. I don't care who's fault it is any longer...he needs to go now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.