• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Commanders Analytics

If we are counting on Rivera to 'straighten out' his coaching staff - we're in big trouble. Ron can't handle his own duties in a consistently competent manner in game, much less step in when he may need to with his staff.

I hate to be so negative about it - but I think that's a fair assessment.

If we are counting on Rivera to 'straighten out' his coaching staff - we're in big trouble. Ron can't handle his own duties in a consistently competent manner in game, much less step in when he may need to with his staff.

I hate to be so negative about it - but I think that's a fair assessment.
Well, it's not like he's given anyone a reason to think otherwise......

Scott Turner is the Eddie Haskell of OCs and Rivera is June Cleaver.

So - the measuring stick for a 3rd year OC is a Hall of Famer ST?

I have no issue criticizing Turner - as he has said repeatedly (for those interested enough to actually listen to his responses) he himself self-critiques his performances and wishes he'd done things differently in many games. I have criticised him as much as anyone at times and he deserves some criticism. He's not close to being our only issue on offense. How many times do we have to see a really good QB cover up offensive deficiencies to get that it's a huge factor? Look at the top 5 QBs in the league. They don't have unlimited weapons. They don't have dominant OLs. They don't have perfect playcalling. They execute, and executing covers up a lot of ugly imperfection.

I don't know if Turner can become a great OC. But I don't think many OCs could make this offense with this OL and these QBs a prolific offense.
Here is the issue, Boone - that self-critiquing doesn't appear to be leading to any growth. We see the same mistakes every week. If Turner were learning from his mistakes and fixing them, I'd be fine with him. He isn't.

Here is the issue, Boone - that self-critiquing doesn't appear to be leading to any growth. We see the same mistakes every week. If Turner were learning from his mistakes and fixing them, I'd be fine with him. He isn't.

I will die on the hill that with a highly capable QB Turner looks a lot more competent but we don’t and he doesn’t. Unlikely we will ever find out here in Dac but we can revisit when he eventually does in some other NFL city.

I don't disagree that he would look better as an OC with more competent quarterbacking. That doesn't change that he isn't learning from his mistakes.

Am I supposed to be arguing here? I'm not.

Nope. No argument. I just think we are making separate points and was attempting to clarify that.

All good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.