• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Chatroom Feedback!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Hi everyone,
As you all know, we have brand new chat software this year. It is very robust and feature-rich but as with any new software, there is a bit of a learning curve both for users and for me with setting options and changes.

We have resolved the 'refresh' issue reported during the week 1 game chat.

Two other issues/requests have been made. Those turn out to not be issues, but rather setting or user knowledge issues.

Issue #1: I can change my text color or attributes in the toolbar, but it only works for 1 message and I have to reset it for each additional message.
The message toolbar is just that. It's a toolbar to create an 'individual' message. That's why changes there only apply to one single message. You can, however, set your text color by clicking on the 'gears' which will bring up your personal chat settings.

chat1.png

Issue #2: Why can't I use 'pop-out' mode? I like to be able to size the chatroom and not have it take up my whole screen.
You can - and you have a couple of options to use 'pop-out' mode. The first option is to click on the 'Options' icon and at the very bottom of the menu you'll see the option to open Chat in 'pop-up' mode.

chat2.png

Or, an even easier way to open chat in 'Pop-up' mode is to just click the 'Chat' text at the top of every page and that will open chat in pop-up mode by default.

If you are using a phone to participate in chat, we recommend you go into the main menu (the 3 bars next to the BGO logo) and select 'Chat' from there as this will open up chat full-screen on your phone.

The best news is, the chat software seems to be working extremely well and has a ton of features. I'm sure other questions and requests will come. Please use this thread to discuss issues or to make requests.

Another cool feature you all may be interested in is that if you click the @ next to the chatters name it will tag them into your message... this way you do not need to type @ then their name. Just a little quirk

Please read the above regarding setting up your options and settings. Yesterday, things went much better after some software changes, but some still experienced issues where the screen wasn't updating/refreshing at times. I am going to continue to tweak the software settings but I would also make a couple of recommendations for users:

1. Try a different browser. If the chatroom is refreshing consistently for some, the software is obviously working. Issues for some almost have to be browser related. You might also try a different device although I know that's not possible or may not be convenient.
2. If you have an issue, leave the chatroom and return. That doesn't mean close out the chatroom - you need to click on your name in the chatroom attendee list and 'Leave'
3. At halftime, leave the chatroom and reenter it. We seemed to have most of our problems yesterday after folks took a break at the half.

I'll continue looking at settings to see if there is anything I can do there to reduce or eliminate the issue. Appreciate your patience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.