• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bruce Allen is Gone

Hess was criticized by numerous players over the past couple of years.

In terms of the front office, there had to be some additional changes.

Allen wasn't the one making the decisions to draft Geron Christian or Troy Apke.

Santos was part of the group evaluating free agents and we have mostly whiffed on these signings.

Recall that Doug Williams ‘found' Adrian Peterson last year when no one else wanted to even give him a tryout.

No more Paul Richardsons or guys like Zach Brown and Swearinger that are nothing but trouble off the field.

For Josh Norman the new boss is really the same as the old boss ������������������������������������

Bet he regrets saying Carolina failed to treat him like a man in negotiating a new contract.

If he wasn't gone already he is now.

him and Ron are good friends I've heard his beef was with Gettleman who didn't want to give him a new contract

980 is reporting entire training staff is out. Hopefully this is due to continuing epic IR rates and not a move to placate Trent Williams.

Allen gone, and the whole training staff gone ?
I gotta think that at the least, that greatly increases Trent's chances of returning.
What reason is left, for him not to return ?
Whatever hesitancy is left in him, Adrian can bump it out.
If Adrian returns.

I think we all saw what Steven Sims produced for us down the stretch on an offense that was challenged to score points all year.

He was on the bench because Jay Gruden thought Trey Quinn (he of the 5.3 yard return average) was a better candidate for the slot WR spot.

From the decision to bench Peterson for the opener to his reluctance to play Wes Martin at OG and instead allow Tony Bergstrom to go out there and let the qb get killed repeatedly, Gruden did nothing but step on his own feet.

Callahan sending Josh Norman to the bench and starting Fabian Moreau on the outside was another move that should have happened weeks earlier.

I sure hope that Rivera and Steve Wilks are a LOT faster to identify and evaluate the talent and put them in position to be successful here because in 6 years Jay Gruden failed to show he could do that.

TW needs to go for some picks and draft a new LT. He costs nothing next year, is a positive drug test away from a year ban and on the downslide. He also hasn't played a single down in over a year.

my guess is the team extends Trent Williams an extra year on his contract and he comes back in 2020.

For Rivera, having a veteran presence at LT allows Haskins to grow and reduces the number of holes he needs to fill right away.

I have no doubt one of the things that makes this job attractive to Rivera is the chance to draft Chase Young and have a generational defensive talent to develop.

So, on offense while I think the club will sign some players and use the draft for depth as well, the chances of getting a starting LT in the draft without a #2 pick are long.

Trent will be back in 2020 with an extension to 2021 to recoup the money from 2019.

I think we all saw what Steven Sims produced for us down the stretch on an offense that was challenged to score points all year.

He was on the bench because Jay Gruden thought Trey Quinn (he of the 5.3 yard return average) was a better candidate for the slot WR spot.

From the decision to bench Peterson for the opener to his reluctance to play Wes Martin at OG and instead allow Tony Bergstrom to go out there and let the qb get killed repeatedly, Gruden did nothing but step on his own feet.

Callahan sending Josh Norman to the bench and starting Fabian Moreau on the outside was another move that should have happened weeks earlier.

I sure hope that Rivera and Steve Wilks are a LOT faster to identify and evaluate the talent and put them in position to be successful here because in 6 years Jay Gruden failed to show he could do that.

From your lips to God's ears Bulldog.

TW needs to go for some picks and draft a new LT. He costs nothing next year, is a positive drug test away from a year ban and on the downslide. He also hasn't played a single down in over a year.

I don't get the fan adoration of Trent. Yeah, he was a great LT. But he essentially bailed on his teammates this year. His 'story' about what transpired regarding his health situation is full of holes. That's not to say that there weren't any mistakes made by Redskins medical staff. But the whole passive-aggressive way he has handled the situation really bothered me. Fans largely support him, I believe because his narrative buttressed fan belief that anything having to do with the Redskins is the devil incarnate. Setting aside that he's on the downside of his career, I don't really want him back. I read some recent comments from him to Keim and all he kept saying was that it was 'about business'. I think he wants a big old increase on his contract. I wouldn't give it to him. Move on, get what you can for him, and find his replacement - something you will be forced to do sometime soon anyway. But I'm in a small minority of fans that feels that way.

Ok boomer I guess.

Screw Trent, we need to move on. Availability is everything, and he doesn't have the best running record in that area for a number of seasons.

F yo couch Trent!

Let him go whine to his agent and net us a 3rd, or whatever anyone will pay at this point. I`m all in on a trade down pallooza (partner`s willing) and go apeshit with even more trade downs to draft double digit players in 2020.

There`s a few LT`s who are franchise starters and we grab one later in the 1st. Trent is dead to me

well...I wouldn't mind bringing TW back. If we do go Chase....we need a LOT. I can forgive and forget.

One step ata time. And I thought of the joke too when I posted!

Fantastic that he is gone.

Disastrous if we don't finally create a functional accountable FO structure...which we won't. Rivera will get double duty just like Schotferbrains, Gibbs, and Lobsterman because Napoleon Bonerparts never learns.

Don't insult Napoleon Bonaparte in my presence again.

I just wish there was someone around who had the power to fire our owner.

From your lips to God's ears Bulldog.

Hmm...

1m8gvg.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.