• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Your Superbowl Sunday

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
What's everyone doing for the big game? We rarely have folks out to our little ranch-style home out in the country as it's not very large. It was supposed to be our 'starter home' but we put so many roots down in this area, we probably won't move on until the kids are all out of the house, and even then with my wife kicking and screaming :) But have invited my brother and sister and friends out for the game.

I'm going to do Carolina BBQ on the smoker with homemade slaw and sauces. Got a terrific Winter Warmer on tap to go with it. Looking for ideas for sides, appetizers, but wondered what everyone else was up to for the big game?

I am completely ignoring my diet, for starters. :)

I am making brisket, smoked low and slow, to go with various dips and snacky foods. Figure we need at least one protein.

Having some friends over tomorrow for pizza squares, sliders, salad, chips, and brownies as we watch the game.

Hoping that BGO chat will be rocking and rolling as we wish evil things on the SeaBuzzards.

Not doing much of anything. Going to watch the game with the wife, have a rather relaxing super bowl sunday this year.

I'm not sure I'm going to watch. My son will want to watch, so I'll get updates from him, just like this year's championship games. I really have had it with the NFL and if it doesn't involve the Redskins ... eff it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I have my friend Larry and his wife, which some of you have met at tailgates, over. The drink menu is set.

Four Roses 125th Edition (Have not tried this years before)
Parkers Heritage Promise of Hope (New one too)
Willets Very Rare Rye Whisky (another New one)
Stagg Jr (of Course)
Redbreast Cask Strength Irish Whisky (an old time favorite)

Still working out the eats, some kind of BBQ I think.

Just the family this year. We usually do parties here, but I'm just tired of dealing with commotion lately. I think everyone uses me for my TV anyway, chumps.

Just the family. Hate Super Bowl parties. I want to watch game without distractions. Doing wings, pizza, guacamole, pasta salad, and who knows what else.

After a month in hospital and rehab CRT my mom came home yesterday. So will take my parents some of our SB food.

I have my friend Larry and his wife, which some of you have met at tailgates, over. The drink menu is set.

Four Roses 125th Edition (Have not tried this years before)
Parkers Heritage Promise of Hope (New one too)
Willets Very Rare Rye Whisky (another New one)
Stagg Jr (of Course)
Redbreast Cask Strength Irish Whisky (an old time favorite)

Still working out the eats, some kind of BBQ I think.

I enjoy any event that gives me an excuse to cook for my friends.

Bob has his priorities in order. Getting the drink menu done first!

I'm doing something similar, except Larry and his wife won't be at our house:betterwink:

We'll have a few friends over.

Buffalo & Thai Chili wings
Smoked salmon w/fixin's (water crackers, chive cream cheese, capers)
Pigs in a blanket
Steamed shrimp
Pulled pork
An assortment of chips & dip and some type of dessert, TBD.

While it's not nearly as nice as Bob's drink menu, here's mine:

Willet Pot Still
Elijah Craig 12 year
Four Roses Single Barrel
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Baker's
Booker's
Victory Hop Devil, (on tap :pint:)
Lots of H2O

Since the Redskins are not in the SB we will be going down to my wife's "other parents" house for a small get together, we did it last year as well and it was pretty fun.

Now when the Redskins are in the SB if I am not at the game I will only watch it with fellow Redskins fans. I cannot stand watching Redskins games with people who root for the other team and talk shit to me just to piss me off. I gots no time for that shit!

Attending an "Everybody bring a dish" party with a large group from the ole bowling league. Same one we went to last year.

We, (The Ole Battle Ax and meself) will be bringing two batches of chicken wings. Hots, and Nots.

Game doesn't mean squat. Though I will be actively rooting for a Slaughter of The Seahawks. As will most in attendance.
Though I fear they are going to win.

Some ice cold Yuengling's, and pigging out with friends. Yeah, it gets better than that. But only when it's the Redskins in the big game.

Probably be sporting my #43 jersey.

And crotchless underwear.

I enjoy any event that gives me an excuse to cook for my friends.

Bob has his priorities in order. Getting the drink menu done first!

I'm doing something similar, except Larry and his wife won't be at our house:betterwink:

We'll have a few friends over.

Buffalo & Thai Chili wings
Smoked salmon w/fixin's (water crackers, chive cream cheese, capers)
Pigs in a blanket
Steamed shrimp
Pulled pork
An assortment of chips & dip and some type of dessert, TBD.

While it's not nearly as nice as Bob's drink menu, here's mine:

Willet Pot Still
Elijah Craig 12 year
Four Roses Single Barrel
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Baker's
Booker's
Victory Hop Devil, (on tap :pint:)
Lots of H2O

Wow - that sounds amazing! My Carolina BBQ will be coming off the smoker in the next hour or two. I'm using a recipe dubbed 'The reknowned Mr. Brown' that I've modified slightly. I almost always do guacamole on Superbowl Sunday so may have to run out and get the ingredients for that... You guys that do the bourbon bar - how on earth do you avoid a massive hangover? I have to work tomorrow :)

Oh. And Ax? Ewwwwww....

Wow - that sounds amazing! My Carolina BBQ will be coming off the smoker in the next hour or two. I'm using a recipe dubbed 'The reknowned Mr. Brown' that I've modified slightly. I almost always do guacamole on Superbowl Sunday so may have to run out and get the ingredients for that... You guys that do the bourbon bar - how on earth do you avoid a massive hangover? I have to work tomorrow :)

Oh. And Ax? Ewwwwww....

Thanks!

I love Carolina BBQ. I make a Carolina vinegar sauce, (vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, salt & ketchup), to serve with it.

I cheated on the pulled pork....I smoked a couple of shoulders a few months ago, pulled them both, and froze some of it. Since we have so much food, we're skipping the rolls and slaw.

As for the "avoid a massive hangover" comment, I'll refer you to the last item on the drink menu....

Ok food decided. I was at my local wegmans and low and behold they had in huge stone crab claws! So will be having those, BBQ, and various cheeses and dips.

Oh and Boone the better the bourbon the less head or tailings and that greatly reduces any hangover problems. I also drink a ton of water, other than bourbon that's about all I drink. I've been told being well hydrated helps with hangovers too.

Thanks!

I love Carolina BBQ. I make a Carolina vinegar sauce, (vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, salt & ketchup), to serve with it.

I cheated on the pulled pork....I smoked a couple of shoulders a few months ago, pulled them both, and froze some of it. Since we have so much food, we're skipping the rolls and slaw.

As for the "avoid a massive hangover" comment, I'll refer you to the last item on the drink menu....

I inject my picnics/boston butts with a mix of apple juice, apple cider vinegar, worcestershire, a little hot sauce, and some rub. Slather the meat with yellow mustard, then apply rub night before and re-apply right before they go on the smoker. Do a little mopping at the end of cooking with some traditional eastern BBQ sauce.

I do both a western style sauce (sweetened with brown sugar, molasses, and ketchup) and an eastern nc style sauce (which is mostly apple cider vinegar, cayenne, red pepper flakes, texas pete and salt with just a little sugar added and is much spicier). It's amazing how regionally militant people are about their BBQ - forget state vs. state, 50 miles travel can make a difference in what people argue is great BBQ. For me, it is all amazing. I have not mastered much on my Weber Smoky Mountain, but I have Carolina BBQ down.

Last edited:
My wife is in NYC working the SB. She's been there for two weeks so I've been living the good life struggling with loneliness. ;)

I'm making BLT's with mayo & chipotle sauce.

annnnnnnnd now going to the in-laws

should be a fun evening. they'll actually watch the game and cook lots of food.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.