• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Xavior Nixon OL Florida

redskins26

The Team Captain
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Anyone know anything of him? Supposedly good in college but will need time to adjust to the pro game
Future star?

Redskins sent out a text message saying they signed 12 guys, but they specifically mentioned this guy. Used the adjective 'standout'

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9X5FpceHbQ[/media]

Here's a video of him playing
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTsYtdpUzu0[/media]

This is another good one - very good quality video with closeups.
Seems to have good intangibles you want in a lineman - very crafty, scrappy, nasty, full of energy, and follows through until the very end of the play. I like him already.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar6M8h0no4U[/media]

Looks athletic too like he can get down the field or pull for stretch plays.

that's in my completely awesome football scouting opinion though.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/xavier-nixon?id=2539222

BOTTOM LINE Nixon was a high school All-American and has started at least five games every year he’s been in Gainesville, He has always had the length and the athleticism to be a starting tackle in the NFL. Consistency has always been a major issue for Nixon, and his senior campaign was no different. He didn’t vastly improve from a technique standpoint, and doesn’t fully utilize his length, athleticism, and surprising strength. A team will likely take a gamble on him in the late rounds, hoping to light a fire under him and get the most out of his potential.

I think it was an effort thing - one of the highest-recruited players in the country out of high school, but he never lived up to his potential in Gainseville. Total project, but could possibly become great.

From Walter FB...

2013 NFL Draft Top Six UDFA Signings

Washington Redskins: Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida

Washington entered the offseason with a hole at right tackle and addressed it with some cheap veterans like Jeremy Trueblood, Tony Pashos and Tyler Polumbus. None of them is established as a starter, so Nixon has a nice opportunity to compete for playing time. He also could move inside to guard.

The 6-foot-6, 321-pound Nixon is quick and athletic. He is a nice fit in a zone-blocking system. Nixon held his own against a lot of elite first-round pass-rushers at Florida. Typically, he would have play well except for a handful of plays per game. If the Redskins can get Nixon to be consistent enough and eliminate those plays, he could be a steal.

Everyone forgets Tom Compton...the dark horse for the RT spot.

Unless he looks stellar in Training Camp and preseason, I'm guessing Nixon ends up on the Practice Squad for a year of seasoning at best.

Of course, I'll be rooting for him to beat out Trueblood and Pashos because that would signify a steal. I love it when we can knock one out of the park when it comes to UDFA's. And then we'd have our very own X-Man. ;)

May he become the next Joe Jacoby!!!!!

Or...

Nixon returns to Washington.

:cheesy:

:rotflmao: Nothing like a good pun........and that was NOTHING like a good pun. :devilish:

The best part of that is it's like a kick in the head for Mara and Goodell, that we win, despite their corrupt attempts

:thumbsup:

Until we get banned from signing UDFA's because we're creating a competitive disadvantage. Would love to see Mara and Badell get :hanged: or :behead2:

Don't know if it's the kiss of death or not but Doc Walker likes Nixon.

Thinks he'll come in with that hungry " I'll show them" attitude.

Doc also likes Mo Hurt who, as we've seen, hasn't quite yet busted down the door and made the starting lineup.

Don't know if it's the kiss of death or not but Doc Walker likes Nixon.

Thinks he'll come in with that hungry " I'll show them" attitude.

Doc also likes Mo Hurt who, as we've seen, hasn't quite yet busted down the door and made the starting lineup.

I'll give Doc the benefit of doubt when it comes to the O-Line considering he played with the Hogs. Still, it boils down to how well Nixon fits the scheme and not just the hunger.

Hurt has value because of the ability to play multiple positions. Even if he's not currently starting, he has starting experience. I guess we'll see what Nixon brings to the table and whether or not he can play BOTH Guard and Tackle since that's what he'd eventually need to do. I still think he ends up on the PS this year and that would be the best case scenario. I'd be shocked if he somehow made the 53-man roster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.