• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

WPC: Fletcher gracious in rejection

One of many experimental iterations ...

Pappas

The UDFA
Reaction score

http://web.warpathconfidential.com/?p=2804

Fletcher gracious in rejection

By John Pappas
Warpath Confidential Editor

London Fetcher is a middle linebackers’ middle linebacker. He is in his 12th season in the NFL. He ranks third in tackles in the league. He has played in 191 straight games (tied for second among active players), and has started 150 (tied for fourth among active players). At 5-foot-10, Fletcher is small compared to those around him, but he delivers a big hit as Brian Westbrook, DeSean Jackson, and Brandon Jacobs will tell you.

Yet Tuesday, he was rejected for the Pro Bowl, yet again.

“I wouldn’t necessarily say I am disappointed,” said Fletcher. “I think one thing that you can get so caught up in is what you don’t have and lose sight of what you do have. I have been informed that I am the first alternate for the Pro Bowl. So when you think about it, it means a lot of my peers, coaches, players and fans thought that I was deserving of a Pro Bowl bid. I’m still holding out hope that maybe something happens where I am able to get in there, maybe one of the guys will decide and say, 'Hey let this guy go.’ So I am not disappointed. I’m still considered one of the top linebackers as a middle linebacker in the game. So that’s all you can think about.”

Click the link to read the full article...

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Vilma only made it because of the Saints record.

Actually, New Orleans' defense has been quite suspect against the run this season and I am surprised that Beeson didn't make it ahead of him.

Poor Fletcher. His only mistake was in going to the Bills and Redskins after leaving the Rams.

If he had gone to New England or San Diego he qould have been in the last 4-5 pro bowls.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

beamish

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Army

way to stay classy, london!

hope this thing gets turned around before you hang em up.

Yusuf06

The Starter
Reaction score

Fletcher is truly a class act. However everyone and their brothers know that the Pro Bowl is a load of crap. Deserving players get left out all the time because they play on poor teams, don't make the highlight reels enough, hate from other players, etc. What's truly sad is that unlike most, Fletcher has been left out in the cold all 12 years of his career. Hopefully he's got another sreason or two left and will eventually get in before he hangs it up.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0