• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who Wins? Redskins vs. Bengals

Who wins?

• Redskins by 3 points or less

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Bengals by 3 points or less

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Redskins by 7 or more

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Redskins in a blowout

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Bengals in a blowout

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Who wins the Redskins Week 3 home-opening matchup against the Bengals on Sunday?

I think we do a number on their defense. But!!! Last week I thought we would create so much pressure on Bradford he would crumble!

Sorry guys, I hate to say it, but I saw the Redskins of old creep out of the woodwork last week in St. Louis.

a. lost a game the week following an unexpected win when expectations were high.
b. committed crucial penalties at the most inopportune of times.
c. failed to put the final nail in the coffin when they literally had a team buried.

It's games like St. Louis that simply leave an awful feeling in my stomach and have got me feeling like this thing will never be fixed. I know, it's sad saying that when we've got such a promising and shiny new toy behind center.

It's also games like last week that give me zero confidence heading into the home opener.

I think the St. Louis game cleared up any misconceptions about this team being a playoff contender. At the very least, I'd like to see improved home play and division play the rest of the way. Those were two of my goals coming into the season. Hopefully, they can make things difficult for the Bengals and anybody else who walks into FedEx this coming season.

Jesus H. Christ

We're tied for 1st place in our division.
We're tied for 1st place in the conference.
We're tied for 1st place in the whole damn league!
And we lead the frickin' league in scoring!!!

I expect the talk about our offense to be, "Man! these guys can certainly score!"

I expect the talk about our defense to be, "Why the **** didn't you play like this last week?"

35-17 Home Team

P.S. I expect the talk of our special teams to be, "Fire Danny Smith!"
How sad is that?

Jesus H. Christ

We're tied for 1st place in our division.
We're tied for 1st place in the conference.
We're tied for 1st place in the whole damn league!

Uh...Eagles, Falcons, 49ers & the Cardinals are all 2-0, so none of those statements are true. :)

This D will keep it too close when the game matters.

Nick

35-24 Skins, Rg3 with 3 td's and Morris with 2

Hmmm....Home opener...RG3's home debut...Bengals pass D has been, uh...not strong, shall we say?

Redskins should win. There is always doubt when using the word "should", of course, but my confidence is fairly good here.

BTW, bet the over.

Ax,

We were first in our division and conference at this time last year as well. This team always plays its best ball in September. And if this is our best, and right now wr have no reason to think otherwise, I would be happy with eight wins this year.

I wouldnt be surprised if we won tomorrow, but I wouldnt read too much into it.

H

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I am beginning to open myself to the possibility that our new Redskins may buck some of the historic trends we are all oh so familiar with. You know - trends like, not being able to surpass 20 points a game. We're not there yet, but at some point, Griffin is going to move this team out of it's most recent historic traditions, to ones that we can barely remember from our more distant franchise past.

We always say 'a win here means nothing', because for as long as we can remember, it hasn't. But someday, a win here will mean something. I can't wait for that.

with the injuries on defense that 31-28 game last week is a view to the short-term future, close games with good scoring decided by 3 or 4 points.

So, in the home opener I would say Redskins 34, Bengals 31.

Essentially our record could have been 3 to 4 wins better last year had we won 2 close ones against Dallas (One we should have definitely won) and a couple of the other close ones where our defense softened at the end of the game. We lost another one of those close ones last week that have eluded us for too long. This is what we need to change...winning the close ones.

Before last weeks game, many of us talked about the "should wins". I think the Rams game may not have been a "should win" as much as we thought. Their defensive line is going to be a force for years to come. I am not even sure this weekend is a "should win". I mean we are talking about a team who made the paloffs last year.

I am still picking us to win this one. I think we can beat them, I just don't think it's a "should win" game.

The Rams were immediately better the moment Jeff Fischer arrived. In fact, I'd chalk their improved play almost entirely to Fischer's coaching and his impact already on Sam Bradford. Prior to this season, they were the worst team in the NFL. I think they caught us overconfident and clearly laid a physical beating on us we were in no way ready for. But they are still far from a good team overall.

I think we have a dominant-looking win tomorrow. Just a feeling, but I think RG3 is going to change Fed Ex Field from a passive 'enemy-friendly' environment to a tough place to play - starting Sunday.

Ax,

We were first in our division and conference at this time last year as well. This team always plays its best ball in September. And if this is our best, and right now wr have no reason to think otherwise, I would be happy with eight wins this year.

I wouldnt be surprised if we won tomorrow, but I wouldnt read too much into it.

H
Speaking for myself, I have never lost the hope that the next play, game, or season, is going to be the one that turns the tide in our favor. I do this because I can handle it if it doesn't happen. It doesn't prevent my expectation, of it. I've done it all my life.

I expect to catch a big fish with every cast.
I expect to draw to an inside straight, every time.
And if I don't, I expect to get it the next time.

Now, I expect you to do the same. ;)

Speaking for myself, I have never lost the hope that the next play, game, or season, is going to be the one that turns the tide in our favor. I do this because I can handle it if it doesn't happen. It doesn't prevent my expectation, of it. I've done it all my life.

I expect to catch a big fish with every cast.
I expect to draw to an inside straight, every time.
And if I don't, I expect to get it the next time.

Now, I expect you to do the same. ;)

This is why I believe it's quite possible I'm hopelessly, madly, undeniably in love with you.

Oh Im right there with you guys. Im just noting the difference between hope and expectations.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.