• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who impressed you in the first preseason game?

RG3 Fan

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Baylor
I know it is preseason, but who impressed you tonight?

Helu and his cuts
Robinson and his jumps
Forbath for kicking it out of the end zone

Ryan Grant, especially that nice diving catch.

Seastrunk has some quicks.

Looks like we have some serious depth at WR and RB.

Ryan Grant, especially that nice diving catch.

Seastrunk has some quicks.

Looks like we have some serious depth at WR and RB.

Good to see you China.

We are so stacked at the skill postions that it's insane. Probably the most talented group of WRs in the last fifteen years. That might be true for the RBs too. To get Seastrunk and Redd in the same season is incredible.

I don't believe any of these RBs will last on our practice squad. I'm sure our HC is aware of that, and it would be nice to get something in return--like another player for our secondary.

Trent Richardson brought a first rounder. Something to keep in the back of the mind if these RBs continue to excel.

Aldrick Robinson looked to be our most improved player to me. He's now being asked to run several different routes. Cousins also looked improved.

This strong talent pool may spell trouble for a few players like Royster, Moss, Forbath and others.

Gruden. Hopefully the air of competency and professionalism carries forward.

Most are pretty obvious. I'm going with Trenton Robinson. Led the team in tackles, had one of the teams two PDs and found his way to the backfield to chase the QB from the pocket a couple of times to bust up the play.

We're not going to get anything for Seastrunk and/or Redd in a trade. Neither one of them are even remotely as proven as Richardson was when he was traded. On top of that the Richardson trade was a foolish act of desperation, laid bare by his performance with the Colts, and likely not to be repeated by any team any time soon. One of these guys might make the roster as a depth player, probably Seatrunk. The other guy might catch on somewhere else eventually, probably Redd. But we still have three preseason games to go.

The guy who impressed me the most? Probably Morris. I love the way he churns out yards, and at this point we know he can really do it.

I also liked the way Kerrigan and Orakpo played. Lets hope they can keep it going.

EDIT: Robinson also ... he looked ok out there, being asked to do more than run straight really fast. That's a good start for him. I'd like to see him come down with that TD next time (tough catch, I know. But that would have been really something.)

Henry, there are three options. And this assumes that Redd and Seastrunk continue to look like they have. And that's a big assumption.

Choice 1: Release Royster and Redd and get absolutely zero in return.

Choice 2: Try to trade Royster or Redd, or both together, to a team needy for RBs. In return, maybe we another lineman or defensive back.

I don't believe any of our RBs last 24 hours on the practice squad.

Choice 3: If all of these RBs really look exceptional after three preseason games, and Gruden truly believes a Helu/Seastrunk/Redd combo can carry the load? Then do the unthinkable. At least be willing to listen to offers for Morris.

Personally, I don't believe number 3 is necessary, because I don't think we even have that many holes on this team, and I believe we are headed right to the playoffs. I felt that way before the preseason game.

But that idea certainly holds merit for a team that does have a bunch of holes to fill. Which is why the Browns did it last year.

Bottom line.....we have a ton of talent at the RB position that we can't keep. Now the only question left is do we get anything in exchange for it?

I don't believe any of our RBs last 24 hours on the practice squad.

But there's a world of a difference between a team willing to swipe a player off our PS, and a team willing to cough up compensation for that (totally unproven) player in a trade.

The only RB on our squad, besides the starter, that will garner anything in a trade, is Helu.

Last edited:
Before we get too carried away with both Redd and Seastrunk it might make sense to first see them in action against some NFL caliber defenders.

But there's a huge difference between a team willing to swipe a player off our PS, and a team willing to cough up compensation for that player in a trade.

The only RB on our squad, besides the starter, that will garner anything in a trade, is Helu.

If they have two more performances like the first game, I definitely believe a team would be willing to pony up something for these RBs. Especially if injury hits a team.

There are several teams right now that don't have a Redd/Seastrunk combo right now, as an example.

Before we get too carried away with both Redd and Seastrunk it might make sense to first see them in action against some NFL caliber defenders.

Yep. It's too soon yet. But both of those guys just popped off the tv screen.

If they continue to do so two weeks from now, I'd suggest trying to get something in return.

If they continue to do so two weeks from now, I'd suggest trying to get something in return.

Even so, can you name just one single instance where a team made a trade for an un-drafted player, whose only NFL experience was preseason ? Especially RB's, which are a dime a dozen.

Preseason Heroes = Jukebox Heroes......they got stars in their eyes, but that's about it.

Last edited:
Nobody is going to trade anything for this season's version of Babe Laufenberg. Sorry. I'm glad we like what we see in them, but we're not getting anything for them just because of a nice pre-season. And we are not, no way, no how, ever by any stretch of the imagination, trading away Morris in favor of one of these guys. Love the enthusiasm McD, but that there is crazy talk, plain and simple.

Last edited:
Crazy.....like a fox!

Kudos for remembering the name Babe Laufenberg. I may have destroyed too many brain cells to even remember that guy.

As far as the RBs go, this may just be a man crush on my part, but I don't believe we are looking at Marcus Mason. I believe Gruden could make any of them work.

We'll see. But at this point, I fully expect to see Redd on an NFL field this season.

I had this thought flash through my mind (get something in return) but logistically it just wont work. Nobody is going to give anything up for someone they know we arent going to have on the roster after Sept 1. No way we carry 5 Rbs into the regular season, meaning Redd MIGHT be designated for practice squad.... Meaning he would be able to be claimed by another team if they liked him that much.

I had this thought flash through my mind (get something in return) but logistically it just wont work. Nobody is going to give anything up for someone they know we arent going to have on the roster after Sept 1. No way we carry 5 Rbs into the regular season, meaning Redd MIGHT be designated for practice squad.... Meaning he would be able to be claimed by another team if they liked him that much.

Plus clear waivers before getting to the PS. That's why teams don't trade for draft picks during camp. They just wait it out. And if a guy gets hurt during camp you want a dude who knows your system to plug in. That's why teams don't trade these guys. If a draft pick doesn't make your 53 or PS but gets on with someone else, good for him. Say congrats and move on. Maybe it just means you drafted well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.