• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's on your 4th of July menu?

Skinsfan1311

The 1st Round Pick
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I'm cooking for a crowd on the 4th. I'll have 2 grills and 1 fryer working.

Deviled eggs
Coconut shrimp
Salmon planked shrimp
Memphis-style ribs
Corn on the cob,(grilled in the husk, of course!)
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Macaroni salad
Funnel cake
Watermelon
Victory Hop Devil
Budweiser
Dos Equis
White Sangria
Mojito's
Maker's Mark

If I'm still awake, I'll be firing up a Macanudo at the end of the day...

What is 'Victory Hop Devil'??? Sounds awesome btw....I just went out and picked a gallon of blueberries. That's the sum total of my food-related work so far today. We'll see if I can muster the energy to get the grill fired up sometime today :)

Today, we're having about 15 people over, so I'm going simple. Dogs and brats, and easy-drinking beer (namely Miller Lite.)

But last night, I grilled Chesapeake steak and shrimp for mom and dad, mom's best friend and I. It turned out really, really well. Some of the best T-bones I've ever had; and the shrimp was danged-near indescribable.

Y'all have the best Fourth of your lives. Be safe, and eat and drink well!!!!

Going simple here too. Bleu cheese burgers, fries, baked beans, and a couple of cold Sam Adams. Hey...it's the 4th of July :)

What is 'Victory Hop Devil'??? Sounds awesome btw....I just went out and picked a gallon of blueberries. That's the sum total of my food-related work so far today. We'll see if I can muster the energy to get the grill fired up sometime today :)

It's an IPA brewed by Victory Brewing Company. They're a small brewer, located near Philly.

It's pretty hopped up, as the name implies, but you'll still have taste buds after drinking a few. If not for the 6.7% ABV, it would be a great session beer.

I wish I could get that great hop bitterness in a low ABV beer, but I have yet to one. I really enjoy beer for the flavor, not necessarily the buzz,(which I don't mind:D), but you know what I mean.

Here's the beer geek info, according to their web-site...it's brewed with "American whole flowers" hops and imported German 2 row malts"

It's one of the few beers that I consider "keg worthy", along with Heavy Seas, Loose Cannon, (my favorite) and Duclaw's Hellrazer.

Went to a friends house yesterday for ribs. Today I grilled filet mignon and asparagus, plus had rosemary roasted potatoes. To wash it down my wife and I tequila sunrises.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.