• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

What's on your 4th of July menu?

Skinsfan1311

The UDFA
Reaction score

I'm cooking for a crowd on the 4th. I'll have 2 grills and 1 fryer working.

Deviled eggs
Coconut shrimp
Salmon planked shrimp
Memphis-style ribs
Corn on the cob,(grilled in the husk, of course!)
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Macaroni salad
Funnel cake
Watermelon
Victory Hop Devil
Budweiser
Dos Equis
White Sangria
Mojito's
Maker's Mark

If I'm still awake, I'll be firing up a Macanudo at the end of the day...

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

What time is dinner?:laugh:

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

What is 'Victory Hop Devil'??? Sounds awesome btw....I just went out and picked a gallon of blueberries. That's the sum total of my food-related work so far today. We'll see if I can muster the energy to get the grill fired up sometime today :)

Jugband McGillicuddy

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Army Marshall

Today, we're having about 15 people over, so I'm going simple. Dogs and brats, and easy-drinking beer (namely Miller Lite.)

But last night, I grilled Chesapeake steak and shrimp for mom and dad, mom's best friend and I. It turned out really, really well. Some of the best T-bones I've ever had; and the shrimp was danged-near indescribable.

Y'all have the best Fourth of your lives. Be safe, and eat and drink well!!!!

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Going simple here too. Bleu cheese burgers, fries, baked beans, and a couple of cold Sam Adams. Hey...it's the 4th of July :)

Skinsfan1311

The UDFA
Reaction score

What is 'Victory Hop Devil'??? Sounds awesome btw....I just went out and picked a gallon of blueberries. That's the sum total of my food-related work so far today. We'll see if I can muster the energy to get the grill fired up sometime today :)
It's an IPA brewed by Victory Brewing Company. They're a small brewer, located near Philly.

It's pretty hopped up, as the name implies, but you'll still have taste buds after drinking a few. If not for the 6.7% ABV, it would be a great session beer.

I wish I could get that great hop bitterness in a low ABV beer, but I have yet to one. I really enjoy beer for the flavor, not necessarily the buzz,(which I don't mind:D), but you know what I mean.

Here's the beer geek info, according to their web-site...it's brewed with "American whole flowers" hops and imported German 2 row malts"

It's one of the few beers that I consider "keg worthy", along with Heavy Seas, Loose Cannon, (my favorite) and Duclaw's Hellrazer.

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

Went to a friends house yesterday for ribs. Today I grilled filet mignon and asparagus, plus had rosemary roasted potatoes. To wash it down my wife and I tequila sunrises.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0