What's for Dinner?

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Grilled pork chops treated with a homemade Memphis style dry rub, home made sauce, baked beans, salad and bread...

And a homebrew Honey Pale Ale.

Speaking of...how was the brew from the C-ville brewery, Boone?

Man, I haven't made beer in 6 months - really need to get back to it :)

The C'ville beer was called 'Starr Hill Amber Ale' - nothing too special, but certainly drinkable. Dinner sounds good ....

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Brick chicken with a homemade herb/garlic butter rub, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

Skinsfan1311

The UDFA
Reaction score

Grilled filet mignon.

Grilled shrimp marinated in olive oil, lime & cracked pepper. Finished off with Sweet Baby Ray's & a little some sesame oil.

Grilled corn on the cob in the husk.

Clipper City Loose Cannon. An excellent locally brewed IPA.

Sancho Panza Cervante for dessert.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Grilled filet mignon.

Grilled shrimp marinated in olive oil, lime & cracked pepper. Finished off with Sweet Baby Ray's & a little some sesame oil.

Grilled corn on the cob in the husk.

Clipper City Loose Cannon. An excellent locally brewed IPA.

Sancho Panza Cervante for dessert.
I think you win the prize tonight - that sounds like one hell of a dinner :cheers:

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

So Chris, what exactly is a 'brick chicken'?
It's based on an old Italian cooking style where they would place a brick on top of the chicken while cooking to create a crisp, flavorful crust.

You can use a whole chicken, last night I used only breasts. Either way you butcher the meat completely from the bones.

I made a compound butter consisting of chives, thyme, parsley, garlic, kosher salt and cracked pepper.

I then carefully pull the skin away from the meat and rub the chicken with the herb butter, replace the skin and repeat.

The chicken then goes skin-side down in an oven proof skillet over medium high heat on the stove and a second skillet (heavy: I use a cast iron one) rests on top of the meat. About six minutes on the stove creates a wonderful ly crisp skin. Then the whole shebang goes into the oven (preheated to 400) for about 10-11 minutes (to 165 degrees) to finish.

I brush with a little more of the butter and serve. Quick, easy and delicious.

L J

The Rookie
Reaction score

Air Force

it's cheap chicken monday at my fav grocery store deli. 8 pieces of chicken for $4. yummy.

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

it's cheap chicken monday at my fav grocery store deli. 8 pieces of chicken for $4. yummy.

Mmmmm. College food. Sounds almost as good as Taco Hell

Skinsfan1311

The UDFA
Reaction score

I think you win the prize tonight - that sounds like one hell of a dinner :cheers:
Thanks. It was!

I work late during the week, so my wife cooks. On the weekends, and holidays, I do all of the cooking.

Tonights dinner was much more pedestrian. Jumbalya (sp?), courtesy of a box of Zataran's and some smoked sausage.

I'm already looking forward to the weekend. The boy is going back to college in a couple of weeks, so we've been making his favorite foods.

Saturday, I'm smoking a brisket. On Sunday, it's cedar-planked salmon and grilled prosciutto-wrapped scallops are on the menu.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Despite intermittent storms, tonight I'm going to grill lamb chops marinated in olive oil, minced garlic, some lemon juice, salt, pepper, and rosemary. For a side, also grilling some locally grown zucchini and yellow squash spears soaked in the same marinade.

Not much beats grilled lamb :)

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I was going to go to the game, but it is only pre-season so I will not weather the storms so I have decided to order some Pho with 2 spring rolls.

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Despite intermittent storms, tonight I'm going to grill lamb chops marinated in olive oil, minced garlic, some lemon juice, salt, pepper, and rosemary. For a side, also grilling some locally grown zucchini and yellow squash spears soaked in the same marinade.

Not much beats grilled lamb :)
Man, that sounds good. I haven't done any grilled lamb this summer (which is odd at our place). Guess I need to fix that before Labor Day.

Sisyphus

The Rookie
Reaction score

Leftover chicken curry from last night. Lots of fruit and onions.

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Today is my son's 17th birthday. (Where has all the time gone?) So, tonight's dinner is upon request.

My version of the World's Greatest Hamburger, bacon & cheese edition, with baked potatoes, green beans, and homemade mango cheesecake.

renaissance

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Minnesota

Roasted chicken and veggies

Original recipe is here. I changed it up a bit my marinating the chicken and adding carrots to the veggie mix.

Delicious strawberries for desert :)

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Going traditional this evening - bleu cheese burgers on the grill and fries. Sometimes simple = good :mmm:

MissU28

The Rookie
Reaction score

beans and weiners! One of my faves....especially with the Kirschner hot dogs I buy from time to time. Yummmmm.

Well, we're not in New England so they're not technically Kirschner. But still goooood.

Mark The Homer

The Rookie
Reaction score

Navy

Had my neighbors over. We had ribeye (delmonico) steaks which I bought at the asian store called Lotte in Aspen Hill . $4.99. They are small, but tender and delicious. They are always there for the same price. Not a lot of anglos shop there...

For desert, I tried something I heard Czaban describe on ESPN 980. Take a big glob of peanut butter and heat it up in the microwave until it's creamy. Pour that on a bowl of ice cream and add some Hersey's Chocolate Sauce.

Recommended. ;-)

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

...For desert, I tried something I heard Czaban describe on ESPN 980. Take a big glob of peanut butter and heat it up in the microwave until it's creamy. Pour that on a bowl of ice cream and add some Hersey's Chocolate Sauce.

Recommended. ;-)
That sounds like it could be sinfully delicious-what flavor ice cream did you use, vanilla or something more exotic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0