• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Weight Loss Contest

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
A few months back, Lanky posted that he was using Weight Watchers to great success, so I pm'd him and he got me started. First of all, I want to publically thank him for that, I genuinely appreciate his help, I have lost 35 lbs so far and will be needing a whole new wardrobe soon. Thanks, LL :)

He and I are going to try a weight loss contest over the month of July. The person who loses the most weight over the month wins; the loser donates $25 to BGO (maybe to buy Boone a distemper shot for the PA? :)).

Anyone else who would like to join in is welcome to do so. If you would like to use this thread to publically state another goal in another timeframe, that's cool too. I figure we can use this to motivate ourselves in the same way the workout thread does, but have this one be more goal oriented.

As I told LL, I will be in Minneapolis for our Summer Sales Meeting the third week in July, and they always serve us outrageous food. I may not weigh in that week... :)

Good luck all!

Woot woot!

Let's lose some weight!

I propose: everyone who wants in, post a scale picture with your weight on the 1st, and a scale picture on the 31st. The difference in those numbers will determine the winner.

That's a good idea Mike. Would one of the mods maybe be willing to help out?

I'm in. I have a goal of losing 8 lbs. the month of July. I'm with Mike though, I'm not really wanting to post pics...of anything :laugh:

And maybe I'm naive, but I pretty much trust what everyone would post as far as their weight loss. It's not like we're vying for huge prize money or anything like that. I figure it's more of a motivational/encouragement/congratulations thread for each other...with a donation to a great burgundy and gold cause ;)

I'm fine with however you guys want to run this though, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there and also let you know I'm in for the contest. Also, I'm cool even doing a mini-contest for more months than just July, something to maybe keep people motivated each month.

Also, while it's a weight contest, I think people should post any health goals they have or health milestones they reach in here, like smoking cessation or whatever else health-related they're working on. I know I have a lot :) Anyway, just some thoughts... When people are seeking to integrate healthy habits into their lives there can never be too many places from which they draw motivation and encouragement :)

The NSA will know.:thumbsup:
Hahaha!

Fair enough - this is money going to BGO, so hopefully that would discourage anyone from stretching the truth. :)

We'll go 100% honor system; post pictures of the scale if you want to, or don't post anything. :)

I would love to participate, but fear I'm near the end of the pound loss and more geared toward body fat % loss.

Yeah...wait til I have already reached my goal weight after losing 50 lbs. to start your contest!

GOAL IS A JERK!!!!

I would lose this contest - the staff here wants me to shed about four more pounds.

However...

I will match the $25 donation at the conclusion of this contest. Good luck to everyone.

OK, it's July 1, weigh in day. I don't think anyone needs to post pics or their weight if they don't want to. Just make sure you have your baseline weight, and update it once a week, on Mondays it looks like.

Good luck!

Threw out my S-I again on Sunday...UGH. Managed to weigh-in this morning, but the scale was doing some funny things. I'll go with the lowest number it gave me, which was 237.7lbs. Not sure how that is possible, since I weighed-in around 233 on Friday, but I did drink a lot of beer on Saturday. Oh well...

Let the games begin!

OK, it's July 1, weigh in day. I don't think anyone needs to post pics or their weight if they don't want to. Just make sure you have your baseline weight, and update it once a week, on Mondays it looks like.

Good luck!

Where's your weigh-in, Goaldy???

Blerg, can't believe I forgot that. I'm at 240 this morning. Onward and upward. Wait. On ward and DOWNWARD!

Blerg, can't believe I forgot that. I'm at 240 this morning. Onward and upward. Wait. On ward and DOWNWARD!

:cheers: <--- water

My workout program is going to have to wait a week or so until my SI decides to cooperate, but then you're going down! :)

Also, not sure if you've gotten the WW magazine yet, but the tomato-pesto recipe in the latest issue is phenomenal. We added some chicken breast for protein.

Haven't gotten it yet, but I hate tomatoes anyway. I can handle the slimy buggers cooked or stewed, but I hate them raw. :barf:

Haven't gotten it yet, but I hate tomatoes anyway. I can handle the slimy buggers cooked or stewed, but I hate them raw. :barf:

LOL. Your loss. :)

I had a thought - maybe you should update the main post with progress? You can just do weight loss or a percentage loss for those who don't want to share their weight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.