• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Weight Loss Contest

Sitting between 204-208 over the course of the last couple weeks. I am going to give it a real effort to keep that number between 195-200...almost there!

If...er...I mean...when I get to 196 that is 60 pounds...

I weighed in today...AFTER downing an In-N-Out cheeseburger, fries & milkshake, haha! I don't eat much fast food, but I LOVE In-N-Out and there isn't a restaurant within 100 miles of my home. So, on my way back from SF I was practically forced to stop and grab my cheat meal for the week :D

I had a thought - maybe you should update the main post with progress? You can just do weight loss or a percentage loss for those who don't want to share their weight.
Sounds good to me. I'm happy to post the pounds I'm down (HOPEFULLY) each Monday morning.

First week, down three lbs. This week should be good too, but next week will suck big time.

I dropped almost 2 lbs, down to 235.8lbs. I was laid up all weekend also, but have been exercising my back with stuff the PT gave me. Won't be able to do much more than that, so looks like I've already got this thing lost. Oh well, I'll just have to focus on my diet, and hope that's enough! At least the PT was able to straighten me out.

This week was looooong. Sometimes you just need pizza and beer.

I changed my diet about a year a half ago, and I've gone down from 238 to 205. That first 20 lbs wasn't to tough because any change for the better over what I was eating would have resulted in weight loss. But since then I've plateau'd at 215, and now 205. It probably means that I need to make further adjustments.

For me, I cut out as many starches and sugars as I could, so no more potatoes, bread, cookies, cakes, donuts, crackers, rice, cereal or pasta. It was tough at first, but after a while I missed it less and less. Potatoes were the worst for me, but I've substituted more avocados and they seem to satisfy some of the same cravings. I also cut out red meat and most processed meat, but I'll use sausage sometimes to provide flavor.

I eat a lot more fruit, and my main meal each day is either a big salad or soup. The main thing for me is sweet cravings and he need for intense flavor, so I allow myself some tortilla chips and salsa, and some greek yogurt each night to attempt to hold the sweet tooth at bay.

Once every 10 days or so I'll splurge on something special (szechuan food) to take the edge off and have something to look forward to.

I think the next step is more about portion size, and cutting out some between meal grazing. I really want to break 200 permanently, then shoot for a sub 190.

Not a good week for me...too much working, no working out, and a party on Saturday night to celebrate a baby announcement have left me...headed in the wrong direction. Hopefully a stringent week will get me back on track.

Dropped two more pounds, to 235. This week is going to be rough, but next week should be dynamite.

Hang in there guys. I know how tough it is and I admire your determination.

Are you counting calories (or carbs)? I used to think that was bogus, but having that kind of feedback, and allowing myself flexibility under that cap actually helped me.

Hang in there guys. I know how tough it is and I admire your determination.

Are you counting calories (or carbs)? I used to think that was bogus, but having that kind of feedback, and allowing myself flexibility under that cap actually helped me.

Indirectly - I'm counting Weight Watchers points (as is Goaldy), which factor in calories and carbs.

Indirectly - I'm counting Weight Watchers points (as is Goaldy), which factor in calories and carbs.

Yeah, whatever works. I just found that my 'guesstimates' were way off, and once I learned out what filled me up (or at least satisfied me) yet fell under my calorie goals then I found it a lot easier to maintain discipline.

As of today, I'm down 3 lbs total. DEFINITELY haven't been on the amazing nutrition train; too many weekend trips with friends and not planning out my meals for busy days and just eating whatever crap food is around. This week should be better though.

Was very strict last week, until Sunday night when we went out for Menchies...still down to 233.6lbs. Woot!

Oof. Up to 237. You're kicking my ass. Told you last week was gonna be rough. Need to make up a lot of ground this week...

Yep I'm on the diet right with I guys. Once my nutritionist unveils my plan it'll start real quick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.