• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Weight Loss Contest

OK, last week was much better, down to 234 this morning. Wed is the 31st, so you can post today or just wait (weight?) until then...

Forgot to weigh in this morning, but had a very bad weekend. LOL. Family in town, and we definitely did not eat healthy. I'll weigh in Wednesday morning. :)

Sweet, I went on a weekend speed diet from this infection. Down 7 pounds since Thursday the hard way :laugh:

I guess that means I cheated? Lol.

Down 4.5 lbs total, for the month so far. I'm sure I'll lose this contest, but I'm happy getting through this month without staying plateaued or gaining anything :)

Sweet, I went on a weekend speed diet from this infection. Down 7 pounds since Thursday the hard way :laugh:

I guess that means I cheated? Lol.
Yes! ;) Hope you're feeling better.

K, 5 lbs is great, that's where I'm at right now. And I just ate at Panera, thinking I was getting something reasonably good for me, and just discovered I have like 15 points left for the day. And I'm supposed to meet a new employee for coffee. Blah. Panera is dangerously close to being cut out of my repertoire completely.

Weighed in this morning, and my weigh-in is: I fold. LOL. Congrats to whoever ends up winning it, I think I ate myself out of the competition this past weekend.

Down 4.5 lbs total, for the month so far. I'm sure I'll lose this contest, but I'm happy getting through this month without staying plateaued or gaining anything :)

Yes! ;) Hope you're feeling better.
Definitely feeling better. Now it's more the multi antibiotic side effects bothering me. HORRIBLE, but I have discovered how wonderful kefir is as a result :)

All total from July 1st until now, I have lost 14 lbs. 7 was an unfair advantage though :laugh:

I might have done better, but I lost all my weight from April - June and plateaued badly coming into July.

I ended up at -5 lbs for the month. Looks like Ex is the winner, congrats!

(I am assuming K stayed at -5, but if that is wrong, let us know)

Nice job everyone, thanks to all who participated, I will be making my donation tonight!

I have maintained 205 for about 6 weeks now... That has been good since I have strayed from the strict diet. I am still not eating much bread, but will occasionally have some. I have had pasta twice in the last 2 months and pizza once.

Other than that, a lot of veggies, meats, eggs, cheese and fruit. You would think one could get sick of zucchini...I eat it 2 or 3 times a week.

So after losing 52 pounds since January 3rd, I have maintained 205. The real trick will be when winter gets here to see how well I can keep it off being less active.

That's awesome, Brian. 205 is about where I want to be, over halfway there, so I know it can be done.

Nice bump. I missed this thread the first time around. Not that the contest is still going, but the topic is certainly worth continuing discussion.

Not sure I'd refer to Weight Watchers quite that way, but I'm guessing you're saying you control your weight without a specific plan provided by someone else. There's nothing unnatural about Weight Watchers that I'm aware of.

We just started a biggest loser competition at work. I was happy that I had been inadvertently preparing for the contest by gaining weight over the last few months. The timing was perfect for me. Carbs are not my friends and I'm now in Ketosis and ready to win!

Weight Watchers has worked marvelously for me, personally. I am down almost 70 pounds since I started almost exactly a year ago. I have about 10-15 pounds to go, and then I will stay on it for a while to maintain. I also do a fair amount of exercise, but WW has worked wonderfully well to change my eating habits.

Weight Watchers has worked marvelously for me, personally. I am down almost 70 pounds since I started almost exactly a year ago. I have about 10-15 pounds to go, and then I will stay on it for a while to maintain. I also do a fair amount of exercise, but WW has worked wonderfully well to change my eating habits.

Nice work, congratulations! Exercise is an important component of any healthy weight loss program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.