• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

week 6 fantasy football request for help

tshile

I wasn't sure where to put this... so i put it here. If i'm wrong let me know, thanks!

I'm trying to decide betweent Desean Jackson vs Detroit or James Jones vs Houston.

Jackson obviously has a history of being a better player, but seems to be falling off while Jones seems to be stepping up in Jennings absence. Eagles are playing at home, and Houston does have a better defense...

I also need to decide between Arizona (vs Buf) and Houston (vs GB)... I have both because I'm hording players at positions my opponent is getting hit hard with byes this week in (rb and defense.) So I need to start one this week, and keep one going forward.

With those choices I would probably go with Jackson and AZ. But I am hardly a fantasy rockstar.

When you say AZ do you mean for the week or do you also mean for the year?
There's no point in having 2 defenses, so I'd like to drop one. Houston strikes me as the better 'real' defense, but AZ's defense seems to be pretty good in fantasy this year... i just don't have faith AZ is worth a crap and will continue to play like this.

I would go with Houston over Arizona long term. As for your WR, do you have dependable solid players, or mostly guys that are hit and miss? If you already have dependable WRs that are going to get you 8-12 points per week consistently, go with Jackson. He will win you some games by himself with his scoring outbursts. If you have guys already that are hit and miss (Jordy Nelson or Julio Jones this year, for instance), I would probably go with jones' consistency.

julio jones and wes welker are my other 2

i just picked up golden tate in case he is starting to turn his season around.
unfortunately majority of the guys in the league are pretty good so if you don't pick guys up off wavers wednesday morning by setting your priorities then anyone worth a crap is gone by Thursday.

I'm lucky because Pit played last night, so I could drop their defense and RB (which I was hording because the guy I'm playing has RB/DEF bye problems this week). Just not much to choose from :\

I meant for this weekend, t. AZ has the better matchup as the GB offense can explode on a team at anytime. Long term, yeah, I would prefer to hang to the Texans defense I think but it's a near thing with the way the Cards are playing right now. And I like the Cards ST chances of returning one much better than that of the Texans.

Yeah that pretty much sways me. I'll start the cards D this week and figure out a long term plan later.

There has to be someone worth replacing one of my D's with to begin with, and these guys pick over the waivers pretty good :\
I just hate having 2 defenses....

thanks for the input!

Stick with Houston. JJ Watt and that front 7 is going to make Rodgers' night a long one.

even though green bay put up 42 on houston, they only did 1 point worse than arizona in fantasy this week.

i think long haul you're right.

they gave up 42 points but their other play meant only being 1 fantasy point worse than arizona.

while arizona was 'technically' the better pick this week, houston is the better defense.

combine that with the fact that I think the cards are a pretender, i have to stick with houston...

i drafted steelers, and wound up picking up cards and texans. people in my league are typically good at this, no idea how these defenses have just been laying around...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.