• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wash Post: Redskins media "padtners" get preferential treatment in covering the team

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
106.7 the fan thrives on shitting all over the redskins as much as possible so I'm personally happy they don't have good access. It's what they deserve. I wish they'd go bankrupt and loose their station.

Two other notes.

I recently dropped my ipad, and this samsung tablet blows. I apologize for any typos lately, like in the title of this thread.

Secondly, and not because of this article, what would it take for Dan to sell the team? A dramatic loss of revenue? With all of the various marketing arrangements in place, I'm not even sure that fan attendance is mandatory anymore.

A couple minutes of reading shows this to be much ado about nothing. And not worth finishing.

And the sooner 106 Attack Everything Redskins, with low life scum sucking maggot ****ers like LaVar "Go Ride Your Motorcycle DoucheBag" Arrington is off the air, and in another state, the better off we'll all be.

That it's written by the WP, i. e., "The Redskins Must Die" gives it as much worth as fur sink liners.

These articles are so full of garbage it's laughable. When the team is bad the Post and its buddies get to do this crap. The sad part is there's a lot of real redskins fans that get sucked into it because they don't know any better.

Given the team’s popularity, the Redskins command premium prices for their media partnerships. In 2001, the last time one of its local radio rights contracts was publicly disclosed, WJFK paid $50 million — believed to be an NFL record — for a five-year deal that included game broadcasts, promotional signage at FedEx Field and special programs. The team moved its game broadcasts to ESPN 980 when Snyder’s Red Zebra Broadcasting bought the station in 2008.

Except that anyone who knew people involved in the move (like I did) knows damn well WJFK had the option to renew the contract and WJFK declined to do so allowing for the Red Zebra network to purchase the rights. Snyder didn't steal Redskins Radio away from WJFk - WJFK WILLINGLY GAVE IT UP.

Now they're mad they don't have the access paying for those rights grants? Give me a break.

I'm supposed to fell bad Wise is losing spots on Redskins related shows? The guy leading the White Liberal Guilt Parade in changing the name? The guy that spent the last few years attacking the coaching staff and organization on the radio, along with its owner?

Cry me a ****ing river. Actions have consequences. I know all these guys want to be able to drive up their ratings by stirring up controversy and to create a negative atmosphere revolving around the team without impunity but that's not the way the world works.

I personally hope Mike Wise winds up with no voice in the local sports media. He's a hack.

I throughly enjoy the victim act though.

Secondly, and not because of this article, what would it take for Dan to sell the team? A dramatic loss of revenue? With all of the various marketing arrangements in place, I'm not even sure that fan attendance is mandatory anymore.

Snyder is in a lot worse financial spot than people think. He's not sole owner of the team, he purchased the team with a lot of investor money and he's beholden to them.

Fan attendance is a problem for a variety of reasons.

1 - it goes towards their deal with localities for a new stadium. part of paying for the stadium includes collecting taxes generated by ticket sales and merchandise, etc. PG county collects 10% on everything fed ex field related, to give you an idea.

2 - blackouts are still part of the rules. we would join the ranks of the bucs, jags, and bills. think about that for a second. we're one of the largest media markets..

3 - a lot of money is paid by sponsors to fund the team. bad stadium attendance would drive down sponsorships and hurt the team

i don't know what it would take. i would think snyder would try to move the team first, but i don't think the NFL would approve it (as far as I'm aware most owners would prefer snyder lose the team, they don't like him, they'd never help him move to keep it.)

you'd have to boycott the team.

A little birdie told me that Snyder received a visit from the NFL Commish towards the end of 2008 and was told to fix the mess he created here quickly, or else. Shortly thereafter Allen and Shanahan arrived. It's possible for us to drive Snyder out of town, but it would take a pretty organized and dedicated boycott that I just don't think the fanbase is capable of.

So Wise who is kinda leading the whole redskins name equals satan pieces is actually confused by his lack of access?

There's fair reporting then there's borderline slander pieces.

Exactly what we need.

A bunch of Snyders, trying to drive Snyder out of town.

Don't forget how the Post went on a 'Snyder is Suing Grandma' rampage for like 3 months that really boiled down to lots of fans not paying contracts they committed to, not answering their phones or opening their mail when the redskins tried to contact them, so the redskins filed suit and they didn't show up so the redskins won.

It's a joke.

If the redskins name change only comes up when the redskins are winning, then this sort of horse shit only comes out when the redskins are losing.

More circus. This is what we are at this point, a giant circus.

Exactly what we need.

A bunch of Snyders, trying to drive Snyder out of town.

While I absolutely appreciate and agree with your sentiment, Snyder is a piece of trash that has ruined our beloved franchise and I would absolutely love to see him go. Under any means necessary.

Good points tshile. As far as number 2 goes, I can add something.

Blackouts in the league are now mainly a thing of the past. At the request of the Tampa Bay Bucs, the league made a major change this year. Now, any owners can buy their own tickets at 37.6% of face value, and do with them as they wish. No Bucs games have been blacked out this season.

Any owner that is willing to take that financial hit can now prevent blackouts for their team.

I stopped listening to WJFK probably a year or so ago? After Griffin came here and the station reversed their 'AntiRedskins' bullshit to take advantage of the new super star in town, it was so fake I couldn't even bother to listen in here and there.

I've been listening to ESPN 980 for 2 years or so now. They're a real sports station. They have journalists and former players that aren't idiots (Have you ever heard Lavar Arrington ask an interview question? good lord that man is just dumb.)

980 isn't just a pro-redskins station either. They go after Shanahan and Snyder on a regular basis. Brian Mitchell has a show there and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's said more negative things about Snyder in the press than him (Riggins comes to mind, but I think Mitchell still takes the cake.)

You can stream it from espn980.com, or catch it on 980 AM 94.3 FM and 92.7 FM depending on where you are. You can also stream it from Tune In radio app on iPhone and Android.

My favorite shows are the 12-2 sports fix with kevin sheehan and thom lovero, and The Drive with Cooley Czabe and Galdi 4-7pm.

Brian Mitchell and Doc Walker have a show from 2-4 that a lot of people like. I don't listen to it much because it's in the middle of my busiest time at work, but when I do catch it I enjoy it.

Stop giving 106.7 and the wa po your business as fans. They're not worth it. Leave the dark side, come over to intelligent football discussion with intelligent players, guests, and journalists/reporters.

Good points tshile. As far as number 2 goes, I can add something.

Blackouts in the league are now mainly a thing of the past. At the request of the Tampa Bay Bucs, the league made a major change this year. Now, any owners can buy their own tickets at 37.6% of face value, and do with them as they wish. No Bucs games have been blacked out this season.

Any owner that is willing to take that financial hit can now prevent blackouts for their team.

Yeah, Snyder does that in conjunction with Stub Hub. Someone looked into it and was able to prove it. Thats why the idea of the season ticket waiting list is a complete joke. My boss gets called every year to buy tickets. He hasn't had tickets for like 4 years, and only had them for 2 years, that's how desperate they are.

I'm pretty sure my buddy said the bucs were blacked out this year at least once. he moved down there over the summer and has gone to a few games. but i may be remember wrong.

Can we just have a few weeks in peace to suffer our defeated season...you know, without week after week of stupid ****ing DRAMA?!!??!!??!!?!?!???!!?

Can we just have a few weeks in peace to suffer our defeated season...you know, without week after week of stupid ****ing DRAMA?!!??!!??!!?!?!???!!?
Sure! You just need to get everyone to turn off the computer/smart phone/ipad, and change the radio to a music station, instead of 24/7 sports talk, and things will be like they used to be.

People were no different 30 years ago. They just didn't have the platform to radiate their ignorance.

I stopped listening to WJFK probably a year or so ago? After Griffin came here and the station reversed their 'AntiRedskins' bullshit to take advantage of the new super star in town, it was so fake I couldn't even bother to listen in here and there.

I've been listening to ESPN 980 for 2 years or so now. They're a real sports station. They have journalists and former players that aren't idiots (Have you ever heard Lavar Arrington ask an interview question? good lord that man is just dumb.)

980 isn't just a pro-redskins station either. They go after Shanahan and Snyder on a regular basis. Brian Mitchell has a show there and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's said more negative things about Snyder in the press than him (Riggins comes to mind, but I think Mitchell still takes the cake.)

You can stream it from espn980.com, or catch it on 980 AM 94.3 FM and 92.7 FM depending on where you are. You can also stream it from Tune In radio app on iPhone and Android.

My favorite shows are the 12-2 sports fix with kevin sheehan and thom lovero, and The Drive with Cooley Czabe and Galdi 4-7pm.

Brian Mitchell and Doc Walker have a show from 2-4 that a lot of people like. I don't listen to it much because it's in the middle of my busiest time at work, but when I do catch it I enjoy it.

Stop giving 106.7 and the wa po your business as fans. They're not worth it. Leave the dark side, come over to intelligent football discussion with intelligent players, guests, and journalists/reporters.

I'm with you for the most part, except I listen to The Junkies every morning on the way to work... and I will listen to Grant Paulsen when he is reporting. He's generally got good info and isn't painful to listen to like most other people on there. The other reason I cant stop listening to 106.7 is that they are flagship for Caps/Nats, so a lot of info breaks with them, and they carry the games.

I like Grant Paulsen. I wish ESPN 980 would pick him up and dump Chris Russel.

Ba5llJWCIAAzXtS.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.