• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wash Post: How The Redskins Running Game Might Look Under Jay Gruden

Is Martin going to play again (I'm assuming its him, I didn't read the article)? He was pretty awful in Miami, and after that whole bullying thing, he may not be welcome in another locker room.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Is Martin going to play again (I'm assuming its him, I didn't read the article)? He was pretty awful in Miami, and after that whole bullying thing, he may not be welcome in another locker room.

*He could look to free agency (His left tackle in Cincinnati, Anthony Collins, is a free agent this offseason and could move to the right side) or the draft (Griffin’s former Baylor teammate Cyril Richardson looks to be one of the top guard prospects) to help upgrade the offensive line to fit his schemes.

A quick study of Anthony Collins looks good.

6'5, 317.

28 years old.

Lots of praise for his play.

2013 HIGHLIGHTS:*Has played in 14 games (Games 1 and 3-15), with six starts (Games 1, 9 and 12-15) ... Started at LT in place of Andrew Whitworth on Sept. 8 at Chicago and more than held his own against eight-time Pro Bowl DE Julius Peppers, who logged no statistics ... Played Sept. 16 against Pittsburgh and spelled Whitworth at LT as offense allowed no sacks and gained 407 yards ... Inactive Sept. 22 vs. Green Bay, due to knee injury ... Appeared at LT in second quarter Sept. 29 at Cleveland, as line was shuffled after injury to RG Kevin Zeitler ... Appeared on special teams Oct. 6 vs. New England ... Saw offensive action on selected plays Oct. 13 at Buffalo as extra TE ... Played on special teams Oct. 20 at Detroit ... Employed as situational move-tight end and played on special teams Oct. 27 vs. the Jets ... Started at LT in place of Whitworth on Oct. 31 at Miami and helped lead blocking effort for Bengals to rush for 163 yards (4.7 average), second-highest rushing output of season ... Pressed into action at LT on Nov. 17 vs. Cleveland, when line was shuffled due to injuries in fourth quarter ... Started at RT on Dec. 1 at San Diego, but played majority of game at LT after injury to LG Clint Boling forced line to shuffle ... Contributed to blocking effort at San Diego that allowed no sacks of QB Andy Dalton for second straight game, and rushing attack that gained 164 yards (second-highest rushing output of season) … On Dec. 8 vs. Indianapolis, helped keep Dalton sack-free for third straight game and supported 155-yard rushing effort, and Dalton was named AFC Offensive Player of Week with 120.5 passer rating ... On Dec. 22 vs. Minnesota, started at LT but switched to RT after injury to RT Andre Smith, and helped team amass 429 yards while Dalton posted career-best 136.5 passer rating.

The right side needs a makeover.

Both RT and RG.

Chris Chester was porous in 2013 and at 31 only figures to decline from here.

It will be interesting to see if any if the OL draft picks languishing on the bench get a chance under the new staff.

The right side needs a makeover.

Both RT and RG.

Chris Chester was porous in 2013 and at 31 only figures to decline from here.

It will be interesting to see if any if the OL draft picks languishing on the bench get a chance under the new staff.

BT, what do you know about Anthony Collins? His game logs above sound great.

Martin was actually having a good season in Miami. This locker room is much better than the one down in South Beach - much better. Martin would do really well here.

Martin was actually having a good season in Miami. This locker room is much better than the one down in South Beach - much better. Martin would do really well here.

I read he was getting beat like a drum...I never watched any Miami games though, who knows.

In the studies I do leading up to FA and the draft, he was one that I looked at for obvious reasons. The bad press is obvious based on what went down with Incognito and the staff. It is part of why we see some changes on the offensive staff and front office down there. Martin can be had for a low round pick when March rolls around - probably a sixth or a seventh and he is all of 24 years of age. He solves the woes immediately at RT and costs almost nothing.

To be honest, none of that was true. The bigger concern was that he had a tendency to be quiet and not one who partied around with members of the team. He had a certain kind of intellect (he did go to Stanford) that was perceived as being aloof. Now, I will agree that Martin needed to work on that demeanor, but it doesn't mean he was a poor footballer.

Martin, in theory, should come on the cheap, but lets be honest folks... we should avoid any kind of media headline we can at this point. I like the idea of a steal, but we dont want a media circus around here an he would bring it. ESPN and everyone else would be here from the moment he signed through the preseason, at every training camp, every preaseason game, everything.

If we go after Martin, I hope I'm wrong....

I heard the same things Mike did. They were trying to toughen up because of struggles on the field.

There is no doubt that Martin has had a rough start to his NFL career, both on and off the field. Martin struggled last season, and has not been impressive by all accounts in the games he played in this year.

ESPN analyst John Clayton speculates Jonathan Martin could join Eagles | NJ.com

He also struggled in camp before the season even started. Jonathan Martin's Struggles Should Be Miami Dolphins' Primary Camp Concern | Bleacher Report

Like we don't have a media circus anyway? Winning cures all. Until that happens, the circus continues.

Like we don't have a media circus anyway? Winning cures all. Until that happens, the circus continues.

very true my friend.. but you really want to invite it in? Is Martin THAT much better then the next guy? I dont remember him being considered an all pro, or someone who anchored the line down in Miami. I just fear that we already have so much of a circus, the last thing we need to do with a new era is to bring more of it. Like i said, if we bring him in, I hope he kills it.

There is a reason why some were fired recently in Miami. It had to do more with the culture than anything else. No, he is not a LT and should never have been in that situation anyway. He went back to RT and was doing fine this season. He started all games until the blowup. He's fine at RT.

Are there insiders (team? coaches?) down in Miami who pulled a Shanahan and dissed Martin anonymously? Dig deeper and that is why we are seeing changes down there.

very true my friend.. but you really want to invite it in? Is Martin THAT much better then the next guy? I dont remember him being considered an all pro, or someone who anchored the line down in Miami. I just fear that we already have so much of a circus, the last thing we need to do with a new era is to bring more of it. Like i said, if we bring him in, I hope he kills it.

Martin is far better than TyPo and the upside is better too. TyPo will not get any better - not that he was good anyway.

Martin is far better than TyPo and the upside is better too. TyPo will not get any better - not that he was good anyway.

oh i agree there.. TyPo was (and for the time being still is) a major liability, and the position NEEDS addressing. Look, I'd be fine with Martin here, and i hope he is successful... but I fear there is a level of drama that comes with him.

Comparing any person to someone else doesn't make them better. However, a change of scenery and a better working environment makes all the difference.

I may be odd man out here, but I don't want Martin for any price. I'm just old school when it comes to bullies, and how to deal with them, and running away isn't it. I want line men with a mean streak, that don't take **** from anybody. I want brawlers on the field... thugs that can play withing the rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.