Vulgaris Vox vocis - LegenD #10

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

London Donovan.

Nearly a household name in this country despite playing a sport that most Americans don’t consider a sport, he has been the biggest fish in a small pond for over a decade and for those of us who like that pond he has done more to make it bigger than anyone.

In fact, I think you could argue that he has done more to advance soccer in this country than any single athlete in the history of any sport has done. Granted, we are kind of comparing apples and oranges as the four major sports (baseball, basketball, football and hockey) have major leagues with long and storied histories, while soccer’s history in this country is checkered with false starts, over-reaches and struggles.

More...

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

I know very little about the sport, but you had to be under a rock to not hear his name over the years. Kyle Rote, Jr. introduced us to the sport over thirty years ago and others, like Landon, have slowly built soccer to what it is today. I look forward to more growth and a new generation of players who take it to the next level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0