• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tragedy at UVa

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2010/0...ayer-with-homicide-of-fellow-student-athlete/

courtesy Cavalier Daily

Police charge lacrosse player with homicide of fellow student-athlete

Charlottesville Police charged fourth-year College student George Huguely with first-degree murder yesterday in connection with the death of fourth-year College student Yeardley Love, who passed away early Monday morning.

Both Huguely and Love, members of the men’s and women’s lacrosse teams, respectively, were set to graduate May 23.

050410-ns.jpg

Charlottesville police officers were called to apartment 9 in the Camden Courtyard complex on 14th Street at 2:15 a.m. Monday to respond to a case of possible alcohol poisoning. Love was found unresponsive and appeared to have undergone serious physical trauma. Officials attempted to revive her, but those efforts were unsuccessful. Love was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police officials, who have yet to determine the cause of death, declined to discuss the nature of Love’s injuries but are treating the case as a homicide investigation....

Click link above for entire article

Damn. You don't have to have children of your own to be impacted by a story like this. Having children of your own focuses the impact like a punch to the gut.

terrible ...I read the article in the Va. pilot yesterday morning ...sports section ..what a shame....words just can't describe

prayers for her family, friends, and loved ones. it sounds like she was good person who had many friends.

also hope that things can return to normal on my alma mater's campus. i really don't know what else to say.

I can't and don't want to imagine what it is like for her parents. Talk about a parent's worse nightmare. To think only couple weeks from graduating.

Read where this kid has had a history of problems. Don't think they have lacrosse at the State Pen in Jarratt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.