• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Trade Deadline Thread - Nov 3

I agree with Boone and SkinsOrlando. You can’t hold a guy too long for sentimental reasons. If Kerrigan has trade value, I think you capitalize. Otherwise, at some point he walks or is cut for a younger player and you get nothing. All you have to show for it is declining production.

I knew you’d make that argument. Kerrigans production has been declining for years. It’s suddenly improved. We all know why. It doesn’t change the fact that his best years are well behind him and it’s not going to get better from here on out.

he is playing behind 2 studs that get to take a break and not worry about production going down.

Know what Ryan Anderson's stats are? Big goose eggs all the way across the board.

Ryan isn't going to get another huge payday like he did this last one. Nobody thinks he is. but, to just toss him aside when he's still producing, leading, and doing a great job just isn't how I see treating the greatest pass rusher we have ever had.

Then let me ask you... Someone offers a no. 2 or even a no. 1 for Ioannidis do you do it? A 3rd for Settle?

I don't think we can afford all of them.

I will admit I'm a fan, I want him to retire here. Objectively I can see the case being made that his value does not reside on the same level as the return. Selfishly, his value to me is to see a lifelong Redskin retire here having never worn another jersey. That is a rare thing these days... i get it.

You have to look at each player - what they currently bring to the table, what their upside is going forward, and what value is being offered. I’m not sure the correct move is always certain. But in Kerrigan’s case, we know hIs best years are behind him and we probably also calculate we are not making a deep playoff run on the next couple seasons.Foregoing compensation if we can get it for emotional reasons isn’t a luxury teams as bad as we are can afford.

You have to look at each player - what they currently bring to the table, what their upside is going forward, and what value is being offered. I’m not sure the correct move is always certain. But in Kerrigan’s case, we know hIs best years are behind him and we probably also calculate we are not making a deep playoff run on the next couple seasons.Foregoing compensation if we can get it for emotional reasons isn’t a luxury teams as bad as we are can afford.

Like I said, I get it... but I also just don't want to see it happen. I actually do think he has a role in the success of THIS team. It may be 10 - 15 snaps a game. I think that kind of a spot can not only lengthen his career, but increase it's effectiveness.

he is playing behind 2 studs that get to take a break and not worry about production going down.

Know what Ryan Anderson's stats are? Big goose eggs all the way across the board.

Ryan isn't going to get another huge payday like he did this last one. Nobody thinks he is. but, to just toss him aside when he's still producing, leading, and doing a great job just isn't how I see treating the greatest pass rusher we have ever had.

There’s no point arguing Mike because he could be without a single sack this year and you still wouldn’t want to trade him. ‘Toss him aside’? We’ve made him rich and famous and the center of a defense for a decade. He has the sack record. It’s a business and the business is supposed to be about winning. If they think 3 years from now he will be a key part of this defense, fine. Keep him. But if not, give him a plaque and a farewell party and get something for him.

Like I said, I get it... but I also just don't want to see it happen. I actually do think he has a role in the success of THIS team. It may be 10 - 15 snaps a game. I think that kind of a spot can not only lengthen his career, but increase it's effectiveness.

Of course it’ll lengthen his career, just long enough for him to have zero trade value and retire about the time we have a chance to be competitive :) I’m already worrying we are going to piss away the best years of Terry McLaurin’s career while we continue the never-ending search for a competent QB. We aren’t winning anything on the next few seasons guys. It’s just a feel good argument that in the long run nets us no value. It doesn’t make us better in the future and at this point being better in the future is the only reason I’m still following this team. When you are historically bad, you’d better be willing to make tough decisions.

Of course it’ll lengthen his career, just long enough for him to have zero trade value and retire about the time we have a chance to be competitive :) I’m already worrying we are going to puss away the best years of Terry McLaurin’s career while we continue the never-ending search for a competent QB. We aren’t winning anything on the next few seasons guys. It’s just a feel good argument that in the long run nets us no value. It doesn’t make us better in the future and at this point being better in the future is the only reason I’m still following this team. When you are historically bad, you’d better be willing to make tough decisions.

I get that, but I don't think we're that far off to where Kerrigan is riding off onto the sunset just to watch us be passing him by. I think we can be a legit contender by the end of 2022. 2 seasons.

upgraded QB play and a couple playmakers, we're not only winning this division but walking away from the rest of it. Add a FS on defense and some speed at LB and we have the chance to make some noise.

There’s no point arguing Mike because he could be without a single sack this year and you still wouldn’t want to trade him. ‘Toss him aside’? We’ve made him rich and famous and the center of a defense for a decade. He has the sack record. It’s a business and the business is supposed to be about winning. If they think 3 years from now he will be a key part of this defense, fine. Keep him. But if not, give him a plaque and a farewell party and get something for him.
You can't make that argument without saying "in my opinion" because he does have sacks, he is producing, and its hypothetical.

he made himself rich and famous by producing and doing his job at a level that demanded that money. Now that he isn't, we don't have to pay 10 mil per season to him, but he is worth more than most DEs out there and still shows he is capable of doing hit job without complaining.

Haskins has great trade value
Anderson has trade value
Collins?

He’s worth it RIGHT NOW Mike. That’s not the argument. I’m talking about 3 years from now. And it’s not about money, it’s about what is left in the tank. The reason he’s a bargain right now is exactly because of what his future production potential is. It’s the same argument we had about AP. Both guys, right now, are better than anyone we will plug in in their absence. But those kinds of moves are never about right now.

You are talking hypotheticals and playing fortune teller. You can argue your side all you want with that, but it doesn't make it fact. It means it is your opinion.

My opinion is that he is worth another 2-3 year contract at a modest deal to solidify him here in DC and help provide depth to a DL that has already had its rookie stud miss games due to injury.

Everything posted here is an opinion Mike. Of course it would make the line more stable over the next couple seasons.

So what? And then he retires and you have wonderful memories of those added 10 sacks and the 6 wins he helped us get each of his last 2 seasons. Or we can trade him now and get future talent for when we have a chance to do something.

I get that, but I don't think we're that far off to where Kerrigan is riding off onto the sunset I think we can be a legit contender by the end of 2022.
upgraded QB play and a couple playmakers, we're not only winning this division but walking away from the rest of it. Add a FS on defense and some speed at LB and we have the chance to make some noise.

I see no evidence this team is anywhere near being able to turn it around in a season or two. We have far too many needs and that’s why we desperately need to get more draft picks any way we can.

Everything posted here is an opinion Mike. Of course it would make the line more stable over the next couple seasons.

So what? And then he retires and you have wonderful memories of those added 10 sacks and the 6 wins he helped us get each of his last 2 seasons. Or we can trade him now and get future talent for when we have a chance to do something.

"of course it would make the line more stable".

"so what?"

isn't stability what we want? I am confused as to why that is a "so what?" moment. if he is willing to sign to a modest deal and maintain his level of production I dont see any reason its a losing situation.

"of course it would make the line more stable".

"so what?"

isn't stability what we want? I am confused as to why that is a "so what?" moment. if he is willing to sign to a modest deal and maintain his level of production I dont see any reason its a losing situation.

I never said it was a losing proposition. Kerrigan is a good player. It’s not crazy to want to keep him. But obviously the whole premise I’m arguing is that this team isn’t going anywhere the next couple of seasons, so whether we are just bad, or epically bad, it doesn’t matter. Literally ‘so what’...

I feel like our franchise always talks itself into just being a couple players away. But we never are. This team has a couple nice young players. That’s it. We need a full on, no sacred cows, rebuild and that means selling everything that’s not a part of the long-term future for whatever you can get for it. I’ve said it a couple times so not sure where the misunderstanding is coming from.

Washington should trade Kerrigan but they won’t.

We seem to like letting guys play out their deals and moving on for no compensation.

It’s a Washington tradition.

As Ron says ‘there’s still a division out there to win’ 😛😛😛😛

Are we ever going to be more than one win out of the division lead?

I don’t think they trade him either.

Philly has $$ invested in Wentz and Dallas is near the cap with new deals for skills players on offense.

For them falling flat on their faces is no laughing matter.

For us?

We now need to go out and get Lawrence or Fields in 2021 and start over on offense.

Too bad there are so many one win teams out there.

We can’t afford to be too mediocre or we will be picking at #10 🤪🤪

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.