Today marks fifty years

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

well...sooner or later we'll get to the "you remember where you were when we walked on the moon?" thread. and I always remember that day like it happened yesterday. growing up.....we kids were all marshalled (at school) into the gym to watch the Mercury and Gemini launches on these smallish black & white TVs. man...talk about a time for dreaming in the large!

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

And the birth of a prayer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Shepard
Shortly before the launch, Shepard said to himself: "Don't **** up, Shepard..."[4] This quote was reported as "Dear Lord, please don't let me **** up" in The Right Stuff,[5] though Shepard confirmed this as a misquote. Regardless, the latter quote has since become known among aviators as "Shepard's Prayer."

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

It's just a damn shame that at the 50 year mark, instead of moving out into the solar system, we 're abandoning space

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

It's just a damn shame that at the 50 year mark, instead of moving out into the solar system, we 're abandoning space
I don't get the fascination with space. Yeah, its space and its cool, wooooo, but with our current technology, there's not a lot we can do, and its EXPENSIVE. We haven't even explored the totality of our own planet!

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

I don't get the fascination with space. Yeah, its space and its cool, wooooo, but with our current technology, there's not a lot we can do, and its EXPENSIVE. We haven't even explored the totality of our own planet!

Henry's head just exploded...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0