• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tis done... And there will be football

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
According to Mike Freeman of CBS. Glad this is all but over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm...guess this means I have to find something to blog about huh? ;)

Wooohooo!!!
Step 1: Sign FAs
Step 2: Commence losing
Step 3: Make the fan base angry
Step 4: Support coaches publicly
Step 5: Look for new coaching staff
Step 6: Come new season, start at Step 1 and repeat

Wooohooo!!!
Step 1: Sign FAs
Step 2: Commence losing
Step 3: Make the fan base angry
Step 4: Support coaches publicly
Step 5: Look for new coaching staff
Step 6: Come new season, start at Step 1 and repeat

Uh....O.,.....don't take this personally, but, ah...

:nana:

I CAN HAZ FOOTBALL!

:thewave:

And there was much rejoicing ...

Most people in Redskins fandom disagree with me, but I really was hoping for a shortened 10 game season where we go 1-9.

1-9 will be much easier to deal with then the 2-14 hell we are about to experience

Most people in Redskins fandom disagree with me, but I really was hoping for a shortened 10 game season where we go 1-9.

1-9 will be much easier to deal with then the 2-14 hell we are about to experience

I have seen your assertion over at ES and you have convinced some of those guys about how bad we are and the need for us to be terrible this season if we want a chance to break the cycle of less than mediocre. I am not buying it. I understand the need for change, but your ideas are way over the top.

Since you frequent ES more than you frequent this site, I propose a sig bet that would cost you your sig on ES if I win and my sig here if you win since I am not a member of ES.

The redskins will win at least twice as many games as the 2 you suggest.

I bet a signature of your choosing if I am wrong and I get to choose your sig if I win, within the boundaries of respect for both boards.

I agree with everything here. Except Ismail lol. WHy piss in our Cheerios? You're like Randy Quaid on Major League 2 :laugh:

I have seen your assertion over at ES and you have convinced some of those guys about how bad we are and the need for us to be terrible this season if we want a chance to break the cycle of less than mediocre. I am not buying it. I understand the need for change, but your ideas are way over the top.

Since you frequent ES more than you frequent this site, I propose a sig bet that would cost you your sig on ES if I win and my sig here if you win since I am not a member of ES.

The redskins will win at least twice as many games as the 2 you suggest.

I bet a signature of your choosing if I am wrong and I get to choose your sig if I win, within the boundaries of respect for both boards.

I am game IF we can wait until after FA is done.

I am convinced this roster is not ready to come close to being competitive at all. In fact, I think its a terrible roster.

However if we suddenly go out and bring in Jenkins, Holmes and whoever the hell else JLC mentioned, we are a 6-8 win team (which IMO is a disaster, but thats just me)

I am willing to take the parameters of your bet. If this roster stays very similar (i.e no big guns brought in, but obvious moves made to fill out a roster) I see a long hellish year for us. If we bring in some of the more talented guys available, we'll re-evaluate the parameters

Deal?

The thing which makes me hopeful is we played so much better and more competitively with our second and third stringers. Once McNabb was formally benched and we wound up with half our starters benched or on IR, this team actually looked okayish.

I think we have had too many "names" and not enough players. I think some might just be surprised by how much more effective effort is than pedigree.

We're not a Superbowl team, but we're much better than the worst. (Is that supposed to be inspiring?)

I'm not certain if I'd use the word "inspiring"; perhaps "not altogether hopeless?"

I mean, after all, we gave up playing the Packers, Bears, Colts, and Bucs and traded them in for the Cardinals, Bills, Panthers and 49ers.

These tigers have smaller teeth. :)

I respect that. I am not saying we are going to be barn burners, but I don't think we will be close to the worst team in the NFL either.

Deal. Let's wait until we see the final roster.

Edit: Btw, good to see you posting more around here.

Last edited:
Been looking at some of the schedules for the NFC and we're going to have to win our division to have any shot of the playoffs if last year is any indication. Packers, Bears, Falcons and Saints all have easier schedules.

I can see us winning eight outside the divison.(Cardinals,Rams,Panthers,Bills,49ers,Seahawks,Dolphins and Vikings)

I have us losing to the Jets and Patriots.

If we can manage to go .500 in the divison that would put us at 11-5.

I know it's only a dream and i shouldn't do this to myself.:doh1:

Last edited:
Been looking at some of the schedules for the NFC and we're going to have to win our division to have any shot of the playoffs if last year is any indication. Packers, Bears, Falcons and Saints all have easier schedules.

I can see us winning eight outside the divison.(Cardinals,Rams,Panthers,Bills,49ers,Dolphins and Vikings)

I have us losing to the Jets and Patriots.

If we can manage to go .500 in the divison that would put us at 10-6.

I know it's only a dream and i shouldn't do this to myself.:doh1:
I like your dream, and I hope it comes true. The only problem is, the Rams, no matter how horrible they are and how good we are, have had our number for a long time. I cringe every time I see them on the schedule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.