• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Beating Vegas Thread

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

I know McD5 started one of these before, but I can't find it.

Anyway, this week I like:

Tennessee +4 (I bought a 1/2 point)
New York Giants -10
Green Bay -6

I also sort of like Oakland +5 (emotional game for them), but didn't pull the trigger this week. San Diego -4 is attractive, but I can't bring myself to bet on Norval this early in the season.

If you're interested in upsets this week, take Carolina and Oakland. Drew Brees will collapse under the expectations that he will destroy a severely depleted Carolina defense.

I call 2:1 INT to TD ratio.

Tennessee +4 (I bought a 1/2 point)
New York Giants -10
Green Bay -6

Oy vey...1 for 3 on this one. Pretty turrible.

I also sort of like Oakland +5 (emotional game for them), but didn't pull the trigger this week. San Diego -4 is attractive, but I can't bring myself to bet on Norval this early in the season.

Need to start using my gut and not my head. :) 2 for 2!

EDIT: Altogether 3 for 5 - if I'd bet all of them. Oh well.

So the Rams are playing at GB this weekend, and it's only a 14 point line right now? I bet that moves to 17+ by the weekend.

And whatever the over is on total points in the Cowboys/Pats game, take it.

So the Rams are playing at GB this weekend, and it's only a 14 point line right now? I bet that moves to 17+ by the weekend.

And whatever the over is on total points in the Cowboys/Pats game, take it.

Agreed on both counts - Clay Matthews might have 10 sacks in that game!

EDIT: Packers are -15.5 favorites on Bodog right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
There you go. I was going off the pick'em page, where they had it at 14. My guess is that will be the biggest line of the year.

Taking the Panthers over the Falcons this week will be making somebody (me) some money if I can figure out which site to use to place my bet.

I'm having a hard time finding sites that don't want to link to my bank account or make me have a $100 minimum account. I just want to place one small bet, nothing fancy.

Falcons are 4 point favorites at home. Agreed, I like that spread a lot also. Panthers have been beating the spread pretty consistently, and the Falcons just aren't that good this season for whatever reason. Always hard to play in the Georgia Dome though.

Falcons aren't good, Georgia Dome will be full of Auburn supporters cheering for Cam, I think Extreme is right.

I can't believe the Giants are 3 point favorites over the Bills.

Vegas knows the general public thinks the Bills are a fluke, and the Giants will turn it around. My money says that's a good upset pick.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Taking the Panthers over the Falcons this week will be making somebody (me) some money if I can figure out which site to use to place my bet.

I'm having a hard time finding sites that don't want to link to my bank account or make me have a $100 minimum account. I just want to place one small bet, nothing fancy.

Falcons aren't good, Georgia Dome will be full of Auburn supporters cheering for Cam, I think Extreme is right.

Boy am I glad I didn't listen to you two! ;)

I did take Green Bay -15.5, which paid. The over/under on Dallas/New England was 56, and they were waaaay under. Surprising to a lot of people, including myself. D'oh!

And I was EVER so close to the Cleveland Browns covering and hitting a 3-team parlay. That would've paid off quite nicely. :)

This week I'm liking:
Pittsburgh -4
Denver +2
Tennessee -3

Tampa +1 is intriguing, especially after the huge upset win against the Saints. They've now got Chicago, who were killed by the Saints.

Green Bay -9 is scratched right now, not sure why. I think I'm just going to bet on Green Bay to cover the rest of the season...

I'm having a pretty good season so far. I have taken Baltimore -8 1/2 this weekend, and that may be my only play.

Take the over on every game but Baltimore/Jacksonville this weekend. This will be one of the highest scoring weeks in NFL history. As a league, I am seeing over 750 points being scored.

Pittsburgh -4
Denver +2

Nice weekend for me - I put Tennessee, Green Bay and (*cough*Washington +3 *cough*) in a parlay that lost, obviously. But the big stakes were above.

I'm not sure why I didn't bet on that New Orleans/Indy debacle...

I'm having a pretty good season so far. I have taken Baltimore -8 1/2 this weekend, and that may be my only play.

I think you jinxed yourself. Doh!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Taking the Texans, -4 at Tampa Bay.

There are a ton of tempting games this weekend. I may also take Detroit, but only if they are losing at haltime.

I have to admit, the cowgirls -7 looks too easy.

Also, the Giants - 3 1/2 vs Vince Young is tempting. I also wish we had signed Vince Young instead of believing in Beck.

And the Bears, at home against the Chargers seems like a good bet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.