• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Tagliabue to release ruling today

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...-vacates-new-orleans-players-bounty-penalties

Player penalties vacated
Paul Tagliabue affirmed the findings of Roger Goodell in the NFL's investigation of the New Orleans Saints' bounty program but vacated all discipline issued to the players who were punished, league spokesman Greg Aiello announced on Twitter.

Tagliabue, in ruling on the players' appeal, decided that Goodell's findings "could certainly justify the issuance of fines. However, this entire case has been contaminated by the coaches and others in the Saints' organization."

This ruling really doesn't surprise me. Goodell couldn't very well come out and say he screwed the pooch on this fiasco and unsuspend them himself. Instead, he had his old boss do his dirty work for him and had Tags agree that the Saints and the players had been naughty and, even though they are no longer suspended, they can be fined.

A real piece of "work" that Goodell is......

so when do we get PT in to rule on the cap fiasco too?

Never. The league had their henchman, Stephen "The Wuss" Burbank, rule that he "couldn't" rule on it.

The ONLY way we'll possibly see a penny of that cap money back is if David "The Hammer" Doty rules for the NFLPA on the collusion issue, and maybe not even then.

Too bad we don't have evidence that Mara, Goodell and Burbank are involved in a gay love triangle. :secret:

This ruling really doesn't surprise me. Goodell couldn't very well come out and say he screwed the pooch on this fiasco and unsuspend them himself. Instead, he had his old boss do his dirty work for him and had Tags agree that the Saints and the players had been naughty and, even though they are no longer suspended, they can be fined.

A real piece of "work" that Goodell is......

That actually makes the more sense than what I had thought.

I had assumed Tagliabue just didn't have the balls to take a stance on the issue, so he came up with the most middle of the road, 'everyone wins' ruling he could.

Granted, Tags has always had a greater appreciation of players than Goodell but Goodell is a "company man" through and through. Whereas Tags says the players were just following orders, Roger wants to "share the wealth" and suspend players so he and the other colluding owners can play Tammany Hall with the Commish in the roll of Boss Tweed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.