• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Summer Garden Time

Pulled some sweet potatoes today and harvested some Habanero's and super hot Carolina Reapers today. Will make some hot lime salt with some of the peppers and maybe a spicy chocolate stout with 1 of the reapers.

Tell me that Reaper doesn’t LOOK dangerous …
6EB62495-F3CA-48C1-B6E9-FCC31A5ECD12.jpeg
9E87D64B-C007-4DCA-8EE0-776FB83D4996.jpeg
31AA8A3C-8A8C-4C3C-B724-9E3EDC971860.jpeg

Last edited:
Just tilled my garden for the year tonight. I thanked the earth for giving me what it did. Was a good year for peppers, corn, zucchini, kale, and pumpkins.

Still hitting below zero here so fired up the indoor grow. FYI spinach and lettuce grow pretty fast

The garden is dwindling down now. All we have left are green beans, tomatoes, green/sweet peppers, and a struggling zucchini plant.

We actually had to buy a stand up freezer for all of the veggies we got, and filled it. Winter is going to have some damn good eats!

It's been so much fun learning how to do this. We can, pickle, seal in freezer bags, make soups, etc. Really fun times.

Good time to start planting cabbage, collards, Brussels sprouts, etc…

Congrats on your garden, nothing more satisfying than growing your own food!

I might do cabbage, but I'm not in to the others lol

I've found in not really good at broccoli or cauliflower, either. Nothing but worms and bad stuff to it.

Collards are straight from God bro - if you haven’t liked them you have been misled on how to prepare them… I can help!

There is a biological control that will make the worms a non-issue, available at any HomeDepot or Lowes… Just look for something containing
Bacillus Thuringiesis. Anything with diatoms (diatomaceous earth) will also work.

Last edited:
PXL_20230730_193939365.jpg

Zucchini, potato, garlic and onion soups being frozen in for winter time. Everything but the onion came from our garden.

I know how satisfying that is brother Mike! Kudos to you and your wife :cheers:

I have gotten away from the garden the past several years but need to get back to it.

Yeah, bro. It's a pain in the butt when the weeds want to take over, but knowing we are growing food our family eats is neat. The boys now know it, too, and think it's cool and actually want to help.

iYKYK.

Self-sufficiency even on the smallest of fronts is such a powerful feeling. I totally get it. It’s why I make beer… lol…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.