• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Star Wars: Episode 7 is coming...

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Lanky Livingston

$4B in cash and stock - Lucas said "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

Goaldeje

The Legend
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

James Madison

Lucas not having control would be a good thing, the new movies might have a chance that way.

Henry

I drink and I know things
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

I just read this myself. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm happy about it or not.

tshile

I just don't think Disney is going to be able to provide the spark needed; it may not be Lucas directing it, but it's going to feel just the same with Disney :(

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I like the last sentence of the article..."take a moment."

That is something Star Wars' fans are probably going to have to do. I know I did...

Sarge

Without Lucas directing, new movies might have a chance. He's a horrible director

Lanky Livingston

Episodes 1-3 were basically Disney movies; episode 7 will be more of the same. At least we'll always have 4-6...G-D Ewoks!

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score

The way it was reported here is that Lucas will direct Ep7, but only involved as a consultant for Eps 8 & 9. Disney then has full responsibility to release further episodes every 2 years.

The deal also means Disney takes over Industrial Light & Magic. Google ILM to see what movies has come from them.

Henry

I drink and I know things
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Or google ILM to see what movies HAVENT been made by them. :)

Say what you want about Lucas' ability as a director, but as an innovator there he has no equal in the movie business.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friend 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you Sandy ❤