• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

something you will probably never see on a redskins forum anywhere

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
Thank you Steve Spurrier, before you I would have started getting super excited, talked trash about how awesome my skins were gonna do and had unreal expectations based on a pre season performance. even now I am tempted to get excited, but then I remember.

As I 'tweeted' awhile ago, I'd like to 'Remember Osaka', but I can't. Must be all of the alcohol I consumed trying to numb the effects of the Spurrier era.

Steve who? As with the Klingon's change in forehead ridges, this period in our history is not to be spoken of.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Ha! The guys on Comcast, Chick, Trevor and BMitch were talking about this last night. All 3 made reference to Remember Osaka last night. Gotta give Boone credit, he mentioned it in chat last night during the game.

An interesting nugget about Spurrier. BMitch said he never prepared for the opposing defense. since he knew his offense would work regardless of who they were playing. :laugh:

**** Steve Spurrier!

Last edited:
As I 'tweeted' awhile ago, I'd like to 'Remember Osaka', but I can't. Must be all of the alcohol I consumed trying to numb the effects of the Spurrier era.

lol thats awesome. yeah it was funny, last night I watched the highlites of the offence and started getting excited, then I remembered how i excited I let myself get in the spurrier days. I watch preseason because a lot of those guys will play their hearts out but I dont factor it when i wonder whats gonna during the season.

its like comparing apples to turds.
What kind of turd are you talking about?

I always heard there were three kinds.

Mus-turd
Cus-turd
And you, ya big pooh-pooh.;)

No, the encouraging thing about last night was, we ran vanilla stuff, on both sides of the ball, and we executed it purty damn good, against Pittsburgh's vanilla stuff, on both sides of the ball.

Our vanilla was more gooder.

if we didnt stop that opening drive we scored a TD. no doubt in my mind; they were on their heels and confused. and it would have been a 98 yard drive I believe. Thats another thing I was very happy with; we made long drives and held the ball very securely.
Agreed. I'm sure there were a lot of Nancy's that thought we'd be giving up a safety on that opening drive. Vanilla or not, we did an outstanding job to get that first drive down the field like we did.

I knew I saved this for a reason!!!

Osaka.jpg

Interestingly, we don't even have to time travel all the way back to Osaka.

Remember Buffalo. :cool:

No, the thing to remember about a result like last night is, if they'd lost and looked bad doing it, the message boards and talk shows would have been going nuts and pretty much burying Shanahan and the Redskins. Since they won and looked pretty good doing it, the reaction SHOULD be equally over the top in the other direction. It won't be, of course--that's not the way the world works--but it should.

We have a week to feel pretty positive, and so does the team. Beats the hell out of a week of feeling apocalyptic. But in the end it's still just preseason. We won't really "know" anything about this team until opening day.

Interestingly, we don't even have to time travel all the way back to Osaka.

Remember Buffalo. :cool:

No, the thing to remember about a result like last night is, if they'd lost and looked bad doing it, the message boards and talk shows would have been going nuts and pretty much burying Shanahan and the Redskins. Since they won and looked pretty good doing it, the reaction SHOULD be equally over the top in the other direction. It won't be, of course--that's not the way the world works--but it should.

We have a week to feel pretty positive, and so does the team. Beats the hell out of a week of feeling apocalyptic. But in the end it's still just preseason. We won't really "know" anything about this team until opening day.

OM...I'm already confident this will be a better team than last year. but it has some observable weaknesses that teams are going to exploit. we're still at the beginning of the climb....but at least the ascent to the mountain top has started in earnest. we now have a plan to scale the peak and are slowly acquiring the needed equipment.

The Redskins of the last decade usually follow up a positive performance with an unexplainable "no show" type of performance the following week.

It will be interesting to see how we come out vs the Colts.

What I take away from last night's game is that we actually looked competent last night.

And that's not something we've been able to say in a long time.

Well if it helps any, the Cleveland Browns, Yes the Cleveland Browns, have been putting it to the SB Champ Packers pretty good tonight. That should put our victory in perspective right?

I have to say I don't really care about the wins and losses, its the absolute embarrassment that I choose to root against. Just keep it respectable while you put the wheels back on this wagon, Please?

I actually thought the Steelers would handle the Redskins fairly easily 1's against 1's.

The fact the Redskins were able to come out with all these new faces and function coherently in their first live action of the offseason was a bit of a surprise.

The Redskins still are a team that is going to really have to have things break their way to finish at 7-9 or 8-8.

But the team showed it was not going to be physically whipped at the point of attack on offense or defense and THAT is a big change from 2010 when both lines were beaten like a rented mule week to week.

I think you make a great point Mike. We've got a lot of baggage as Skins fans. But it's a new day, with new leadership. We should be open to the promise inherent in that.

I'm going to set aside all of the keystone cops pathetic-ness of most of the past 20 years, and allow myself the luxury of believing in the possibility of something better.

Whenever I think of the pathetic seasons over the last two decades, there is one play that epitomizes it all. This is one time when I laughed a lot - the music is priceless.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdX1rdLcTk8[/media]

The only thing that could have made that play even more epic would have been if one of the coaches had gone on the field to stick the tackle.

Ouch.

right??!!

were gonna have the fumble, the bad snap, the poor line play. but that happens in every relationship (team). but if it isnt a trend and it doesnt happen on a consistant basis then it is just part of the game.

i just want to be able to hold my head up high again and say "this is my team..and we are doing the right thing"

draft picks..getting young..putting the right players in no matter ego.

hmmm...over 50% of marriages end in divorce. and multiple partners has been the rage in America for a while now. not sure this is the perfect analogy!

I don't think anyone is disputing that the team is finally methodically building its talent base, changing its culture and working toward stability from a management pov. that is refreshing...and...to paraphrase what you are really getting at...we should always keep that in the forefront of our consciousness as we move through the inevitable ups and downs this season. this is a journey...not a brief vacation.

The only thing that could have made that play even more epic would have been if one of the coaches had gone on the field to stick the tackle.

Ouch.

or if it had been run back for a TD.

Great points Mike, and thank you. I needed the reminder. I definitely get caught up in the negativity sometimes, and it is easier to downplay my own expectations because I'm used to getting disappointed. It is a new day, with a new regime. If we had continued this off season in the same vein as the McNabb-disaster (McNaster? Anyone?), I think I might have been really discouraged. But I have loved just about every move we made so far. Sure, there are still holes, but you can't fill everything in one off season.

We are definitely moving in the right direction, and we should all take a moment and revel in that. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.