• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something Positive

Snydershrugged

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
I've been intending to start a thread based solely on positivity, heartwarming stories and happy news.

I am hoping this thread lives on as a place I can go to to cheer up when I am down and to share uplifting things as I experience them. Please share too!

This seemed like an incredibly great one to start with. (I got misty eyed myself)

http://news.sky.com/story/1093711/tornado-survivor-finds-dog-during-tv-interview

An elderly woman whose home was destroyed by the Oklahoma tornado found her pet dog among the rubble during a live TV interview.

The footage of Barbara Garcia came as fellow survivors began reliving the terror they felt while winds of up to 200mph obliterated their neighbourhoods.

Mrs Garcia was standing among the twisted wreckage of her home as she was interviewed about her experiences by a reporter from CBS.

"I was sitting on the stool holding my dog," she said.

"This was the game plan all through the years, to go in that little bathroom (together). I rolled around a little bit and when it stopped I was right there (and) that stove cooker is what I saw.

"I never lost consciousness and I hollered for my little dog and he didn't answer, he didn't come, so I know he's in here somewhere."

But as she spoke, a member of the camera crew spotted a dog's head poking out of the twisted remains of her home.

Mrs Garcia is seen crouching down before exclaiming with joy as she spots her pet.

"Well I thought God just answered one prayer to let me be OK but he answered both of them," she said, before being led away from the ruins with her dog.

More at link

sheesh, and here I thought the little old lady finding her dog was positive. Not a pimple on the arse of Mikes great news!! LOL

Wow. Nice timing SS.

Congrats Mike. That's pretty positive. :)

I must be jaded by today's news coverage, because I see something like that and immediately assume its staged.

Congrats, Mike!

I must be jaded by today's news coverage, because I see something like that and immediately assume its staged.

Congrats, Mike!

admittedly, The same thought did enter my mind but I'm gonna choose to go glass half full on it instead.

(if ya cant tell, I'm sort of starved for positivity lately)

admittedly, The same thought did enter my mind but I'm gonna choose to go glass half full on it instead.

(if ya cant tell, I'm sort of starved for positivity lately)

Well either way, its positive that both the old lady & her dog survived, so there's that! :)

I was awoken this morning by my fiance crying......

Were going to have a baby!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Congrats man, your life just changed in such a way you can't even fathom yet.

This is what you have to look forward to Mike! My boy got his 1st haircut today and of course I was there to photograph it. Congratulations my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
A big, tough samurai once went to see a little monk.

"Monk!"

He barked, in a voice accustomed to instant obedience.

"Teach me about heaven and hell!"

The monk looked up at the mighty warrior and replied with utter disdain,

"Teach you about heaven and hell? I couldn't teach you about anything. You're dumb. You're dirty. You're a disgrace, an embarrassment to the samurai class. Get out of my sight. I can't stand you."

The samurai got furious. He shook, red in the face, speechless with rage. He pulled out his sword, and prepared to slay the monk.

Looking straight into the samurai's eyes, the monk said softly,

"That's hell."

The samurai froze, realizing the compassion of the monk who had risked his life to show him hell! He put down his sword and fell to his knees, filled with gratitude.

The monk said softly,

"And that's heaven."

Excerpted from Conscious Business: How to Build Value Through Values.

I know this isn't really in keeping with the gist of the thread, but I hope it's close enough.

Something positive...

THE most positive thing in my life right now is the subtle little things I had missed not being in the same home as my kids for so long. Those little "wow" moments that occur when you're least expecting them.

Case in point.

My 6-year old daughter has a game on the iPad where she can "bake" different desserts, etc. Crack the eggs, mix them with the flour, make a cake. She gets a big kick out of it when she gives them to my wife and I to "eat" and we tell her how good they are.

It had been getting a little tedious, honestly. She loves the game, and plays it a good bit. So I was kind of ho-hum when she handed me one last night.

But this one was different. It was a chocolate cake with "Redskins" icing, and she had written "For Daddy, Love Leah."

It was the best damned cake I've ever had.

Little moments like that...it's what life is made of...

That counts. :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Juggy, thats about as positive a story as I've heard and because its about your family as a board member here, it is even better!

Your new or re-newed, life warms my heart!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.