So long, Goodbye and Amen Col Potter

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

RIP Mr Morgan

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/12/07/mash-star-harry-morgan-dies-at-age-6/?test=faces

Emmy-winning character actor Harry Morgan, whose portrayal of the fatherly Col. Potter on television's "M*A*S*H" highlighted a show business career that included nine other TV series, 50 films and the Broadway stage, died Wednesday. He was 96.

His daughter-in-law, Beth Morgan, told The Associated Press the actor died at his home in Brentwood, California, after having pneumonia.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

Wow Sarge-another great one gone.

He was 96 though and therefore cannot be said to have gone too early.

R.I.P. Mr.Morgan, you brought a lot of enjoyment to a lot of people.

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Wow. 96. That's a good run.

Even so, it's a little sad. I grew up watching Col. Potter. He was like a cranky uncle you couldn't help but look forward to seeing.

burgold

The Team Captain
Reaction score

Rest in Peace Col. Potter

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/07/14329...=tw&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

One of television's most beloved commanding officers died Wednesday. Harry Morgan, who played Col. Sherman Potter on M*A*S*H, brought an avuncular authority to a show about the absurdities and horrors of war. He was 96.

---------------------

One of the great shows and a great actor. Harry was part of two really iconic shows in TV history... Dragnet and M*A*S*H... both were the tops of their day.

Thanks for the laughs.

burgold

The Team Captain
Reaction score

feel free to delete the thread. I somehow missed that Sarge had already started one.

burgold

The Team Captain
Reaction score

M*A*S*H and Dragnet... Harry Morgan were in two of the real iconic shows in TV history.

Good solid actor, a craftsman who had a tough role as Col Potter, but pulled it off really adeptly. Strength, grace, humor and compassion all in a tough as nails character.

gbear

The Rookie
Reaction score

St. Mary's

I loved him in the role, even if he had earlier been on the show as a general. His role after Col. Blake was written and performed brilliantly. I remember seeing him in a few other series and always thought he was a sollid actor. It's hard watching so many of the actors from series I loved as a kid die, and Mash was a show my family watched religously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0