• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

so here's what I'd like to see this week

One of many experimental iterations ...

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

1) continued stellar pass protection against the Colts...especially at RT

2) continued stretch plays with sharp cuts by the RBs for occasional 6-8 yd gains and regular 4 yd gains

3) better CB/safety play

4) a successful deep pass or two

5) more from Helu

6) Hankerson catching a pass...really!

7) Kerrigan keeping blockers away from his body

8) a pick

9) continued focus/concentration leading to no turnovers/few penalties

10) a win!

...and no injuries.....

Canadian Hog

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

In addition to what was already stated, I'd also like to add the following:

1. Scoring touchdowns in the red zone with CONSISTENCY.

2. Positive first down yardage that puts us in makeable 2nd and 3rd down situations. I was quite impressed overall with how we managed first downs in the Steelers game and hopefully we see this trend continuing. It just seems like more often than not with this team over the years, when we fail on first down, drives stall and we can't crawl out of the hole in long 2nd and
3rd down situations. It's imperative that without an elite quarterback, we need to win on first down.

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score

:)1) continued stellar pass protection against the Colts...especially at RT
:)3) better CB/safety play
:)4) a successful deep pass or two
:yawnee:10) a win!

Couldn't care less if they win but I'd like to see them stay very competitive in the trenches once again. Monty and Chester need to clean it up a little as maybe does J Brown.

It'd be nice to see John Beck live up to the hype and push Grossman. Grossman was a smiles this week and that rubs me the wrong way. Lets keep the QB competition an actual competition. Cause even if Grossman wins, he's gonna have a short leash as far as the turnovers go, we've all heard the Shanahans comment on what they don't like about Rex this month.

Lets see it be a healthy scrimmage on both sides.

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

The defense should look good this week, since Painter is the starting QB. Hopefully we will know more about our offensive line, depending on who plays for the Colts.

I will be interested to see how Austin does as KR/PR this week. Banks is pushing the envelope by always getting dinged and can't play. He can be exciting, but he needs to stay healthy.

Like the rest of the football world, I will curious to see how Beck plays. The Shanahans have their reputations at stake with him and Rex. Glad I don't.

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

I agree with CH - I want to see some TDs in the redzone!

Defense should dominate this week - the Colts dropoff from Manning to everyone else at QB is pretty staggering. I expect to see at least 2 picks and a handful of sacks.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I agree with CH - I want to see some TDs in the redzone!

Defense should dominate this week - the Colts dropoff from Manning to everyone else at QB is pretty staggering. I expect to see at least 2 picks and a handful of sacks.
I think you hit the nail on both sides of the ball, turnovers on defense and TD's not FG's.

Last edited:

Dik Shuttle

The UDFA
Reaction score

Miami

TDs in preseason mean breakdowns on the opposition D, most likely. I want to see good individual execution, confidence and timing in routes/schemes.

Oh - and NO MISSED FGs.

I'd really like to see Danny Smith hit the bricks, but the time for that was before the strike.... A guy can dream, can't he?

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

TDs in preseason mean breakdowns on the opposition D, most likely. I want to see good individual execution, confidence and timing in routes/schemes.

Oh - and NO MISSED FGs.

I'd really like to see Danny Smith hit the bricks, but the time for that was before the strike.... A guy can dream, can't he?

so what's the deal with this booster scandal?

Dik Shuttle

The UDFA
Reaction score

Miami

Oh man....

so what's the deal with this booster scandal?
Well, it's not like erryone innt doin' it. But yeah. Lil' Luke sure got his hands into that mess, didn't he? And to make it worse: WHERE's the FREAKIN' PAYOFF??!! No wonder he wanted to beat up the staffer. I've wanted to smack Randy Shannon, too, but I only gave them my tuition.

It just underscores my already base opinion of Donna Shalala: Dirty Pig. She was on the take while in MoCo, the Whitehouse & @ the U, too.

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Heard McIntosh's name mentioned on the radio this morning as a possible recipient of some of the good deals.

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

Heard McIntosh's name mentioned on the radio this morning as a possible recipient of some of the good deals.
Here's more on that:

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigati...pLyGxRMuB_?slug=ys-rocky_mcintosh_allegations

Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided multiple extra benefits to Rocky McIntosh during his career with the Hurricanes. Among the benefits he claims to have provided:

• Drinks and VIP access in nightclubs on multiple occasions.

• Entertainment on Shapiro’s $1.6 million yacht on multiple occasions.

• $500 in bounties. The bounty payment was for a pair of sacks and a fumble recovery by McIntosh in a 27-7 win over Virginia Tech on Nov. 5, 2005.

In Shapiro’s words

• “Rocky McIntosh was a kid that I got along real good with. He was always present when we were in the nightclubs. I remember one moment specifically, we were at club Mansion and D.J. Irie was passing the mic around to me, and I was introducing all the ballplayers. I remember announcing Roger McIntosh from South Carolina.”

• “He’s been on the boat and we were in the clubs together a number of times.”

Click the link for more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0