• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Shouldn't Jenkins be fined and suspended for the hit on Garcon

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
Shouldn't Jenkins be fined and suspended for the hit on Garcon ?

I don't think anyone is realizing how blatantly blatant this hit was.
It was the most blatant hit I have ever seen, in terms of "lateness".
The hit was put on Garcon about THIRTEEN YARDS after the play was over.
Jenkins followed Garcon through the entire length of the endzone AND BEYOND - and then proceeded to shove Garcon into the wall, THIRTEEN YARDS after Garcon crossed the goal-line. It's no wonder Moss jumped on him.
How is this not garnering serious attention ?

If/when it happens, it wouldn't be until league offices open back up on Monday at the earliest.

In my opinion it was malicious - there was nothing to gain, and the only thing that could have came from it was garcon getting hurt.

I doubt he'll be suspended, and if there is a fine I doubt it'll be much.

That type of play shouldn't be allowed.

That wasn't a hit. It was a very tiny push. A fine? Sure.

Suspension? Not in a million years.

That wasn't a hit. It was a very tiny push.

That "tiny push" combined with Garzon's sprint's momentum, combined with the wall directly in front of him, effectually plastered him into the wall, and bounce into the ground, effectually equivalent to a hard hit that could have easily potentially seriously injured him.

And if that sentence isn't long enough, I'll write a longer one.

That "tiny push" combined with Garzon's sprint's momentum, combined with the wall directly in front of him, effectually plastered him into the wall, and bounce into the ground, effectually equivalent to a hard hit that could have easily potentially seriously injured him.

And if that sentence isn't long enough, I'll write a longer one.

LOL. Easy tiger. That play wasn't anything. He barely touched him.

I recall a play within the last few weeks, where RG3 was pushed out of bounds, into the opposing team's bench, while still running near full speed. That was much more dangerous.

If it wasn't flagged it won't get him suspended. I doubt it will even get him fined. Dirty for sure but in a game where refs ignored that Griffin was sacked/tackled by the head once, and sacked with contact to the head another time I doubt any of this goes in our favor. Although a fine to us for something absurd wouldn't surprise me at all. (cough) Mara (cough)

I doubt it'll get a fine... just like I really doubt that the Eagles' creep who launched himself at RGIII's head won't get a whiff. In that case, RGIII instinctively slid under him, but the Eagle safety was definitely going for the kill shot.

In this case, it's a pretty typical shove though it did come very late. We're upset about it because it's our guy and because Garcon has been injured. The NFL won't see it as abusive.

Heck, we can get players fined for leg whips that don't touch a player, but it's pretty rare for our guys to get defended by the league.

If it wasn't flagged it won't get him suspended. I doubt it will even get him fined. Dirty for sure but in a game where refs ignored that Griffin was sacked/tackled by the head once, and sacked with contact to the head another time I doubt any of this goes in our favor. Although a fine to us for something absurd wouldn't surprise me at all. (cough) Mara (cough)

DM, there have been several fines doled out this season that were not called penalties, and this was called a penalty that was enforced on the following kick off. I don't think a suspension is warranted in this situation since they are going to be giving those out for repeat offenders.

I will agree there is little chance for a fine either...even though there should be. Garcon sold the foul, but if the wall was any closer it could have been disastrous. I don't think it is quite as serious as Fear thinks, but I think it was more serious than McD5 says.

DM, there have been several fines doled out this season that were not called penalties, and this was called a penalty that was enforced on the following kick off. I don't think a suspension is warranted in this situation since they are going to be giving those out for repeat offenders.

I will agree there is little chance for a fine either...even though there should be. Garcon sold the foul, but if the wall was any closer it could have been disastrous. I don't think it is quite as serious as Fear thinks, but I think it was more serious than McD5 says.

The penalty was for the punch thrown later not for the toss into the railing. I'm just commenting on that part of it.

The penalty was for the punch thrown later not for the toss into the railing. I'm just commenting on that part of it.

The penalty on Jenkins was called for the shove that led to Garcon hitting the wall, you are mistaken my friend.

I stand corrected, didn't hear anything along those lines and didn't see the flag until the scuffle. Late as he'll then.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I stand corrected, didn't hear anything along those lines and didn't see the flag until the scuffle. Late as he'll then.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think it was late because the ref was running in to break it up. Who knows - the flag was definitely for a late hit though. I think Jenkins will be fined, but I will be very surprised if he's suspended. We've seen far worse hits go unsuspended.

GOnna rewatch the game tonight, was so good gotta watch it again!

I wasnt sure how to look at that kick by Suh. Yes, he has a horrible rep and deservedly so. But if you look at how his body is when he kicks him, his face is down in the turf. Im sure he could have taken a lucky guess at where his crotch was, but that was a shot in the dark.

what i said ...but suh is a dirty player ...we need him !:doh1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.