• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Send the message

Sarge

Don't go to the game on Monday night. Make the stadium look even worse than it did yesterday, only this time on national TV. Embarass the danny, because you know damn well the announcers will have something to say about all the empty red and gold seats, especially with Chucky in the booth.

Hit danny where it hurts

You can be sure there will be a lot of Eagle fans in the stadium. It's bad enough when the team is doing ok.

Yep. Wouldn't shock me if the danny was selling them cut rate tickets to put arses in seats

Snyder already got paid, Cerrato's salary is already paid so the only person being hurt by not going to the game is the fans itself.

For now, Mike, that is correct. But if you don't think that Snyder would see it and think of the future, you are mistaken. His worst nightmare is a 90K seat stadium that is only half full and DC under a TV blackout.

A stadium minus say, 10 to 30 thousand less customers. 10-30 K less people paying for concessions. Maybe 5k less folks paying parking money. 10-30 K less people seeing dannys "FedEx" stickers everywhere.

Plus, like Neo said, Lord Farquaat has to be looking out and thinking "How many of those seats are season ticket holders?"

Those seats may not only be empty next year, but the people that are eating tickets this year certainly won't be fooled into paying for them again

Done! My buddy came by little while ago and we decided not to go next week. He may give the tickets away, which they're his so whatever. Main thing is we've decided enough is enough. No need to waste 12 or more hours of our day going to see the product being given.

Done! My buddy came by little while ago and we decided not to go next week. He may give the tickets away, which they're his so whatever. Main thing is we've decided enough is enough. No need to waste 12 or more hours of our day going to see the product being given.

Tell him to sell them to an Iggles fan. Hell, danny would:tantrum:

The fact that Tony Kornheriser sat in Owner's box and reported that Snyder's friends were absolutely stunned by the 'Sell the team" chants is a super indication of how very disconnected Dan Snyder really is to what is happening, the state of the franchise, and the health of the fan base. So utterly sad.

Wonder if we could have him committed, or at least declared mentally incompetant?

who suffers more in this?

the common man who looks forward to every week sitting down and watching his football team or the rich owner who gets paid and is just doing this because it was his passion as a kid.

The problem is I no longer look forward to sitting down and watching the Redskins. It is a painful experience. I am already suffering. Time to make Snyder suffer.

so you'd jump right on with the next team?

Didn't say I'd jump. But I do like to watch football. The Redskins aren't playing football right now. At least not professional football. So instead of covering my TV in spit, I watch other games and check in on the suck fest every 10 minutes or so

so you'd jump right on with the next team?

I'll always root for the Redskins-but if I'd have been able to watch the thrashing New Orleans put on the Giants I would've channel flipped like mad. I like watching good football teams play and I don't enjoy watching the Skins play poorly against bad teams-that just makes me angry. I'll never stop wanting the Skins to win-but sometimes a reality-check shows up as says "why aren't you watching two good teams play?"

you'd suffer a lot more if you didnt even have a team.
Perhaps not. The thought has crossed my mind whether we'd be better off if Snyder just took the team sans the Redskins name and moved to LA. Sure it would probably be a decade or more before we got another one. However that's a lot less time than Lord Farquaad's life expectancy.

As for the spoiled fans comment, I think you're absolutely right. After all, Snyder has added more Lombardies to our collection, fielded a quality team every year and made the gameday experience second to none. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for the sarcasm Mike but I just think it's a bit unfair to say we're spoiled for expecting a competently run team. Hell, it's been what, two decades since we've had that? If just having any old thing you can pretend is NFL football works for you, that's fine. However I won't be satisfied until we're consistently putting a quality product on the field and the fans get treated with a modicum of respect. If that's being "spoiled", well then I'm guilty as charged.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

you'd suffer a lot more if you didnt even have a team.

Are you talking about moving and renaming the franchise? (Something I don't see happening - don't think Snyder would do). How else would I not have a team? Otherwise, being blacked out from watching the suckitude that is the Redskins, really would be merciful, not inducing suffering, and wouldn't take the team from me.

Last edited:
No one has been spoiled here for almost 20 years Mike. But it's a sad day when you would consider yourself spoiled by a team if only they would just play good football

I was as apathetic about the game yesterday as I’ve EVER been about a Redskins’ game. I missed the start because I was doing some light yard work. That NEVER happens. I knew the game was starting and it didn’t matter. I was settled in front of the TV by the start of the 2nd quarter but I talked casually with the kids and wife while the game was on. By the 3rd quarter I decided I’d rather listen to the game than watch it and went downstairs to work on refinishing a chair for my father while I listened.

When the game was over and the inevitable calls from my (non Skins) football friends came, I took their jabs, but I couldn’t get upset about it. One of them even mentioned that it wasn’t any fun to call and rib me when I didn’t fight back. How can I defend this? Why should I?

I’ll never wear another team’s gear or call myself a fan of another team, ever. I’d be lying if I said the last 10 years or so has taken a bit of my enthusiasm for the team away. Calling Skins fans spoiled might be a bit of a stretch at this point too. It’s been 18 years since the team has won more than 10 games in a season. People who are graduating college this year have never known a dominant Redskin team.

When you come to the realization you’ve been taken for a sucker your first reaction is to deny it. Then you get mad. Then you accept it and for your own well being as a person you have to become apathetic.

Nothing I can do as an individual will change the fortunes of this team. I cannot allow the fortunes of the team to affect me as I have let I’ve let it in the past.

Mike, we KNOW this is not the 80's but hell, it's not even the 60's. Back then, we had no defense but we sure as heck could score points.

I'll watch Monday Night but if it gets ugly early, the TV gets changed at halftime.

No Mike, that's where you're wrong. I fully recognize the fact that the NFL is a different animal than the one I grew up with. I know well that in the salary cap era dynasties are supposed to be a thing of the past. Nowadays it's enough to have your team go through the usual cycle of building with young talent, take your shot at a title, then rebuild. We've not progressed to the taking a shot phase once in the last twenty years. Furthermore, we also have front office shenanigans that literally make us a joke of a team on par with the Raiders.

Yeah, we're really spoiled to want a team that contends occasionally, provides a quality gameday experience and doesn't constantly embarrass itself with the petulant, childish, impatient antics of its dysfunctional ownership. Again, I fail to see how that's asking for too much. You can pay your hard-earned money for that type of "excellence" if you want. Just please don't characterize the rest of us as being spoiled for wanting just a little bit more than that.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yusuf06 said:
Yeah, we're really spoiled to want a team that contends occasionally, provides a quality gameday experience and doesn't constantly embarrass itself with the petulant, childish, impatient antics of its dysfunctional ownership. Again, I fail to see how that's asking for too much. You can pay your hard-earned money for that type of "excellence" if you want. Just please don't characterize the rest of us as being spoiled for wanting just a little bit more than that.

This is it right here. The 80s are gone. Long gone.

Nobody is expects the 80s. Nobody is expecting three titles a decade anymore. Just being competitive once every few years would be cool. We're not even that. We haven't been in almost 20 years.

One thing I do agree with you on is that I won't watch another game instead of the Redskins game. If the Redskins become unbearable I'll just turn the TV off and find something else to do. Sadly, I've been doing that a lot lately.

And Mike, I know you're an emotional guy. It's one of the things I like about you. :) But you're not arguing with guys named rEdSkiNsR0Xx0rS!111. Many people on this board have proven their Redskin fanaticism over many years and many dismal Redskin seasons. Some of us were such insanely crazy loyal fans that our home-made little website got noticed and bought by the team itself. That the team is now starting to lose those guys, guys like Sarge, Boone, Yusuf, Bulldog ... me ... should be telling you more about the team than us. It's a big big deal to alienate a fanbase as crazy in love with the team as ours. I can only hope Snyder doesn't hold a 'you should be thanking me for the privilege of watching whatever I put on the field' attitude himself. because as long as he does, he'll keep losing people. People who really really don't want to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.