• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

S%^T hits the fan with Haynesworth

EatSleepRedskin

The UDFA
Reaction score
Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who skipped the Redskins' voluntary workout program in protest of his new role on the team, will not attend the mandatory minicamp that begins Wednesday and wants to be traded, his agent said Tuesday night.

"The Redskins are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at Redskins Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago - regardless of the money," agent Chad Speck said in a phone interview. "He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington Redskins."

Here's the full story.

I like how his agent says, "This situation will be a distraction to the Redskins and to Albert and his teammates. I am certain [head coach] Mike [Shanahan] and [General Manager] Bruce [Allen] want to get the most out of their first year and it's probably in everyone's best interests for the Redskins to make a deal and trade Albert."

Sounds like a threat to me. At this point, I am done! I was ready to defend this fat, lazy, money grubbing slob because he can play football if he wants to! He is so stupid he can't even see that his presence in this scheme would likely make him a Pro-Bowler.

Let the fat **** sit out! Don't trade him! Refuse to trade him!!!! Fine him every day he sits out!!! Make his fat ass sit the whole year! All we are losing is money that is already gone. Would it be nice to pick up a draft pick or solid lineman? Yes! But I would make this fat piece of **** sweat!

Should have seen this comin'. I agree with Elephant, fine his butt large dollars for every day he misses and make him ride the pine until everyone in the NFL forgets who he is.

I hope Shanahan makes him ride the bench all season.
Reggie White he is not, nor will ever be.
Should have seen this comin'. I agree with Elephant, fine his butt large dollars for every day he misses and make him ride the pine until everyone in the NFL forgets who he is.

Same here....I'm disgusted and embarrassed with this POS.

What a piece of work....

Got to agree - let him rot and take his pay every day he doesn't show up. Beauty is, Daniel Snyder literally gets to be reminded every day what throwing huge dollars at problems gets you :) A constant, living, breathing, cheeto-eating reminder of the wrong way to try and build a winner.

Don't know how anyone saw this going any other way. What a joke. Atleast the new regime has no time inves...Wasted on his tubalard self. Seems to me like refusing to fulfill a contractual obligation should be terms for getting their money back from him.

Got to agree - let him rot and take his pay every day he doesn't show up. Beauty is, Daniel Snyder literally gets to be reminded every day what throwing huge dollars at problems gets you :) A constant, living, breathing, cheeto-eating reminder of the wrong way to try and build a winner.

I guess you could say Snyder got lucky then, couldn't you! :anonymous:

Had to rant over at my blog about it........

AlbertHaynesworth.jpg

"Hey, Hey, Hey, I'm Stealing Your Money!!!"
I was working on a post about the schedule but came upon a nice article by Jason Reid over at the Washington Post. In it, we found out a little tidbit that we all had suspected:

"He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington Redskins."

-Chad Speck, Albert Haynesworth's agent

As the title of Mr. Reid's article indicates, Albert Haynesworth will not be participating in the upcoming, probable two day mini-camp starting tomorrow.
So what are my thoughts on this you wonder?

Well, this is no surprise. Many Skin fans have seen this coming for awhile now and that's why many of us wished he would have been traded during the draft. This is the crown jewel of ultimate fail of the Daniel Snyder/Vinny Cerrato reign of terror. Congratulations, goes to Albert Haynesworth though......you broke a record here Floppy (yes, to me Albert Haynesworth will now be known here at IIWII as Floppy McFlopster for his repeated flopping in the 2009 season so he could sit out and get some water). You have become the worst Redskin player/FA pick up of all time. Pretty amazing considering Jeff George, Brandon Lloyd and Jerimiah Trotter are part of that sad fraternity of Redskin failures.

I hope that the Skins could still get a 2nd rounder in a trade, but part of me just wants to see Shanahan bench Floppy for the rest of the season and find some way to fine him for being out of shape and a detriment to the team. We'll see what Shanahan does, but I seriously doubt that Shanahan will do anything that Floppy wants at this point.

The only silver lining that I see to this is that another more needy country will be pelted with non-wanted Haynesworth jerseys.

Capture8.PNG

If you like to travel, come and visit Taylorpia and Haynesworthia (note: in red, Haynesworthia is the bigger one)​

Last thing, Floppy will never be as great as Reggie White. Never. Reggie never flopped and faked being injured to get a drink or catch his breath. Reggie never stomped on a guy's head. Reggie White was a highly respected opponent throughout his career as an Eagle and then later as a Packer. At this point, I don't have any respect for Floppy. He didn't earn hardly a penny of that contract.

* Anybody who has some skill in making .gifs, if you send me a .gif of Haynesworth flopping, I will send you a prize (maybe some football cards of something).

I don't trade him. If he doesn't come to camp in July, I put him on the retired/reserve and make him pay all his bonus back if he ever wants to come back into the NFL. The Redskins have got to quit being the ones that get pushed around. I really didn't want a crybaby like AH on my team anyway. Come on. The Redskins need to become the proud organization that we've grown to love. Th Skins would never get any type of real compensation for AH unless some team lost both of their DTs right before the start of the regular season, which could be the case for the Vikings.

Last edited:
I wonder what effect, if any, this action by a "prize bull" free agent will have on negotiations for the new CBA.

I'm sure there will be a camp that feels that Snyder et.al. deserved what they got but what is wrong with paying a player if his talent is judged to be exceptional by the organization (misguided or not)?

For the owners, Albert represents a worst case scenario for the free agent market, take the money and then failing to perform because changes in the organization aren't to his liking.

The fact that AH is failing to honor his commitment for "philosophical" reasons after the Skins signed the guy in good faith and made good on their part will now be on the minds of every owner come time for negotiations.

Any CBA parameters currently allowing a player to hog tie an organization like this may be scrutinized heavily by the owners and character issue penalites regarding the players will probably tighten up even more.

It wouldn't surprise me either, if the players themselves are taken aback by AH's position. As they say, it's all business come contract time but Albert may have crossed the line by crapping on his teammates, the fans and the organization after getting "the deal" that all players aspire to.

Should be interesting to hear players' reactions at the minicamp this week.

If Haynesworth misses training camp time, the Redskins could try and get their signing bonus money back.

It's time to take out the trash.

For his money....he plays for us. The money is spent already...we are just bitter.

I have no doubt that his teammates will 'help' him come around. Otherwise, he sits.

I like how his agent says, "This situation will be a distraction to the Redskins and to Albert and his teammates. I am certain [head coach] Mike [Shanahan] and [General Manager] Bruce [Allen] want to get the most out of their first year and it's probably in everyone's best interests for the Redskins to make a deal and trade Albert."

Sounds like a threat to me. At this point, I am done! I was ready to defend this fat, lazy, money grubbing slob because he can play football if he wants to! He is so stupid he can't even see that his presence in this scheme would likely make him a Pro-Bowler.

Let the fat **** sit out! Don't trade him! Refuse to trade him!!!! Fine him every day he sits out!!! Make his fat ass sit the whole year! All we are losing is money that is already gone. Would it be nice to pick up a draft pick or solid lineman? Yes! But I would make this fat piece of **** sweat!

It’s a good thing you can’t blog a post more than once. Otherwise I would get carpel tunnel syndrome in my right index finger clicking that buttom about a million times for this one. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't trade him. You fine him for not showing up to the mandatory mini-camp and then fine him for every day of Training Camp he misses, IN ADDITION to putting him on the "Did Not Report" list. I don't think that counts as a roster spot and he can just chill with his millions but he won't be playing no football and won't be makin' no headlines. After he sits out a season, it's possible NOBODY will pony up for him. Danny will have learned a hard lesson but it would be great if Fatso NEVER played in the NFL again.

I can dream can't I?

I had the same initial reaction as most here-make this scummy lazy s.o.b. pay for playing the team like this-but then, since I don't trust gut reactions I decided to gnaw on it for a little while. Sure, it would be emotionally satisfying to make him ride the bench and find every means possible to fine as much money out of his pocket as we could until he's too old, or too fat, to play anymore-but there might be another thing to consider.

What would the effect be on the team to have his pudgy arse sitting on the bench smirking at how he "gamed" the Redskins-he's already got millions that wouldn't be touchable-as opposed to finding somebody who, like the Vikings as have been mentioned, may be willing to fork over a decent player and/or a couple of picks to take him off our hands and simply move forward without him hanging on as a distraction? I don't see how the team itself could simply ignore the fact of his sitting on said bench and distractions like that aren't, I don't think, going to be productive to a team trying to reestablish itself as a genuine "player" in the NFL. I, for one, would be willing to cut my losses here, get what we can for him, while he's still viable as a trade option, and just move forward.

Serve, that's a great point. I would like to send a message without damaging the rest of the team. The problem is, I wonder if Fat Al even wants to play? Is he content just getting paid? We need to find his pressure point, and apply lots and lots of pressure.

Can we suspend him without pay? Fine the he'll out of him? I think if we just sit him all season, Serve is right. That's not as much of a punishment as we want to believe. I assume money is where we will affect him the most, so how can we take away most of his money?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.