• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

Roz begins her journey across the Indian Ocean

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

http://www.rozsavage.com/

Roz started the journey yesterday and is on her way. The route is posted online as being to Mumbai, but the actual route is being kept a secret. The problem? Somalian pirates.

Her adventures are fun to track and to see what she goes through each day is rather interesting.

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

That's pretty cool. A little nuts, but cool too.

Make me realize just how boring I really am. :)

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Roz is now 88 days into her journey. She had to re-start it after the first day with huge problems. She is somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

Roz has updates every day and the last two days are posted.

Edited to add: The website is in the OP.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

That's pretty cool. A little nuts, but cool too.

Make me realize just how boring I really am. :)
I had the same reaction Henry - but trust me - you ain't boring :) I turn 50 next year, and for a long time have been feeling the need to do something 'epic'. I don't know what form that'll take - I seriously doubt I'll row myself to England. But I'm definitely going to mark half a century, somehow, someway. It's not so much about marking a milestone as it is trying to figure out why I need to keep on keeping on, and where I'm going to take my life for the last half of it.

I really admire people who live every day with that kind of meaningful purpose. In the end, you can't deny it - we only have so many days, we really should live every damn one of them as if its our last. But few do.

We don't have to climb mountains or row across oceans. We just need to make it count. That's something to think about.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Roz has now spent 141 days at sea (Indian Ocean) and finally revealed her true destination. It is not India. It is...

Mauritius. She is about 350 miles from that destination and should arrive there sometime in early October.

Here is the site for daily updates...

http://www.rozsavage.com/

And here is the site of her up to the minute tracker (you can zoom in)...

http://www.rozsavage.com/indian-track/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0