• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Romo Out with Fractured Clavicle

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Cowboys season just keeps getting gloomier. Romo fractures his left clavicle. Guessing he's done for the bulk of the year. Too bad for him, and don't expect Jon Kitna is going to have much luck.

Yeah, if they weren't done bfore, they're done now. Too bad for Romo, hate to see injuries. Kitna was a good backup 6 years ago.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Never, ever, want to see even a Cowboy get injured, but it was only a matter of time with that line in front of him.

Godspeed, John Kitna.

(Oh, and don't worry about my fantasy team. I have a plan. We'll be fine.) :)

I have to question any Redskins' fan who does not want to see a Dallas QB get knocked out of the game. I will reference the Aikman career ending hit by Lavar, the Dexter Manley hit knocking Danny White out of the game, and I can't remember who put Staubach out of the game Longley ended up beating us in back in the 70's, but were we not pleased with these players being knocked out?

Look, I don't want to see anyone injured beyond recovery, nothing malicious. But I have to admit, I am glad Romo is out. I am glad that Dallas is losing. I hope they lose every game for the rest of the season. The only problem with that could be seeing Gruden or Cowher back on the sidelines in the Dallas.

I can honestly say I don't hate Dallas significantly more than the Giants or the Eagles. I wouldn't 'root' for them, by any means, but I can recognize that a Giants win tonight is a lot more harmful to the Redskins future hopes than a Dallas one would be.

So in the context of tonight, I'm sorry to see Romo get hurt, as it helps the Giants who are a bigger threat to us than Dallas by a longshot.

Anyone else watching this "game". The Boys have given up. Jacobs just scored a TD on a counter run with like 4 missed tackles. It is UGLY.

Wade has a built in excuse with Romo going down, but the team seems to have just flat given up. If the Cowboys can't make it respectable, and the Giants keep scoring, I wonder if Jones can justify NOT firing Wade.

Radio is going to be fun to listen too tomorrow. Well, assuming they even talk about the Cowboys, what with the Sena . . . oh, wait . . . the Rangers, yeah, that's what I meant, the Rangers playing in the World Series.

I'm thinking Romo getting hurt helps Phillips case? It certainly reduces expectations for he rest of the way. They aren't going to fault him for not being to perform miracles with Jon Kitna leading the way the way they would if Romo were in there. You do have to wonder how many more games they'll win without a real starting QB though. I don't even know who backs up Kitna, but you also have to wonder if they'll sign someone else to backup Kitna this week?

It should be someone who can run . . .

Just sayin'.

I have to question any Redskins' fan who does not want to see a Dallas QB get knocked out of the game.

Well, question me then.

But if you do, then YOU can't question anyone who cheered Theismann's injury.

Personally, my humanity transcends my love of football. But just barely. :laugh:

I dunno Boone. They aren't playing well onn either side of the ball, it's like they don't care, you have to ask if they have given up, and if that's the case, isn't that on the coach? I know they were dealt a raw deal here with Romo going out, and that might save Wade, but if they continue to play listlessly, I dunno. Bum's son might be on his way out.

Sad day for Skins fans, if and when it happens.

I can honestly say I don't hate Dallas significantly more than the Giants or the Eagles. I wouldn't 'root' for them, by any means, but I can recognize that a Giants win tonight is a lot more harmful to the Redskins future hopes than a Dallas one would be.

So in the context of tonight, I'm sorry to see Romo get hurt, as it helps the Giants who are a bigger threat to us than Dallas by a longshot.

I have become a little more jaded in the last couple of years for 2 reasons. When I lived away from the DC area, I was forced to be told how great Dallas was. They were the media darlings and have been nothing more than mediocre since the mid-90's. Parcells did a good job rebuilding that team, but they are still mediocre with only one outstanding season that was cut short in the playoffs.

Second, it was absolutely disheartening to watch them take over our house last year. It was sickening. Since I returned to the area, I have seen more Dallas fans here than in any other area of the country I have lived. The worst part is the amount of trash they talk. So I take pleasure in their demise.

As far as our chances, we have 2 shots at the Giants later in the season. They are a bruising squad who we could end up playing when they are worn thin in early December and January. If we can get clicking on 75% of our cylinders, we will have our shot.

Right or wrong, at this very moment, I take great joy watching the Cowgirls implode!

At this point, if they would throw the ball to Austin and let Bradshaw run it some more, that'd be super.

For fantasy purposes only.

Oh - I think Phillips owns it all - I'm just saying if they kept losing with Romo as the starter, I don't think Wade would've survived the year. I think Jones would've replaced him with Garrett. Now that Romo is out, I just think it'll be harder to make the case that it's ALL Phillips fault. Not saying it won't be all is fault - just that there won't be as much pressure or criticism on Phillips.

Well, question me then.

But if you do, then YOU can't question anyone who cheered Theismann's injury.

Personally, my humanity transcends my love of football. But just barely. :laugh:

What are you talking about? Joe needed to retire. That was the best thing for that team. I was glad to see him out of the game (Of course not under those circumstances), Schroeder was better at that point. :movefast:

OK, i can see that. If, however, the Boys come out and play like crap next week against whoever they lay against, i think there's a chance Jerrah fires Wade. Or if they play like crap three straight games or whatever. At some point, if they don't show any signs of life, I think Jerry might cut the cord.

OK, i can see that. If, however, the Boys come out and play like crap next week against whoever they lay against, i think there's a chance Jerrah fires Wade. Or if they play like crap three straight games or whatever. At some point, if they don't show any signs of life, I think Jerry might cut the cord.

A Freudian slip?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.