• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Regular Season Practice / Roster / Injury updates

JP is trying to push for us to sign Eric Reid. I really hope we don't. we have minimal distractions right now.

JP is trying to push for us to sign Eric Reid. I really hope we don't. we have minimal distractions right now.

Yeah i'm so flippy floppy on this. Dude could play and he has a connection with Rivera. A lot of the league has trended in a different direction since he left and this team has already shown they're not willing to partake in the pregame statement making. You wonder if Reid could come in here and just play football? I don't want distraction either... so I am leaning toward agreeing with you.

Collins was overpaid - he can’t cover and box safeties don’t earn that much.

Reid would be a good addition for the balance of 2020.

One thing we know - Apke, Everett and Kurl = the worst safety unit in the league.

Collins was overpaid - he can’t cover and box safeties don’t earn that much.

Reid would be a good addition for the balance of 2020.

One thing we know - Apke, Everett and Kurl = the worst safety unit in the league.

I dont know that..

This is the 3rd player I've heard say the same thing this week.

And this guy just gets it. He needs to be here long term

he does. we need to start keeping the players that have earned the right to be here.

Reports now that we offered Eric Reid a spot on the practice squad and he declined it...

yep...he is as delusional as I thought.

I wonder if we should kick the tires on Daryl Worley. He's 25, but he's played on the worst secondary in sports this year. I think that is more of a schematic issue, as well as the team giving up on the coaching staff. I actually like our secondary, but Darby is on a 1 year deal... might be wroth a sniff.

Edit: Nevermind, i forgot he was found passed out near the Eagles practice facility back when he was with them... unresponsive in his vehicle he was tased and arrested... not sure i want that stuff in the building.

The safety position is among our weakest position groups. A couple of weeks ago I would have said TE but Logan Thomas has made some big catches and at least accounted for himself the past few games.

With Collins out and not saying he was playing at a very high level here in DC, the safety position is being reinforced by practice squad and street free agents who have almost no starting or regular roster experience in the NFL.

I just don't understand the coaching staff here. The team needs to go into the draft and invest a decent pick in a free safety for the future, so what's the harm in signing one of the veterans available and at least try to be marginally better for the balance of 2020 instead of even worse.

Jeremy Reaves and Jordan Brown are not going to move the volt meter. If it was a case of signing a player or two to replace backups/special teamers that were injured that would be one thing. But this team needs players at S that can actually get on the field and not be visibly out of place.

The safety position is among our weakest position groups. A couple of weeks ago I would have said TE but Logan Thomas has made some big catches and at least accounted for himself the past few games.

With Collins out and not saying he was playing at a very high level here in DC, the safety position is being reinforced by practice squad and street free agents who have almost no starting or regular roster experience in the NFL.

I just don't understand the coaching staff here. The team needs to go into the draft and invest a decent pick in a free safety for the future, so what's the harm in signing one of the veterans available and at least try to be marginally better for the balance of 2020 instead of even worse.

Jeremy Reaves and Jordan Brown are not going to move the volt meter. If it was a case of signing a player or two to replace backups/special teamers that were injured that would be one thing. But this team needs players at S that can actually get on the field and not be visibly out of place.

They attempted to sign the best FA on the market to the PS and the guy declined. I don't believe the intention was to KEEP him on the PS but more to get him into the building, allow him to pass through the Covid restrictions, get acclimated with the team and elevate him once eligible. Doing it this way allows them to push off the need to release a player until next week, in the even that there is an issue with Reid. If they were to sign Reid to the active roster, release a player to make room, then Reid pops for Covid or there is an issue with his physical, then we're in even worse position leading up to the game vs the Giants. Its very likely he would have been elevated prior the game vs the Giants.... I don't know what other safeties are on the market, and i would imagine FS will be a big time focus in the upcoming draft.

I wouldn't sleep on Curl either. He's flashed in limited capacity, SO I would guess the staff will be using the 2nd half of the season to evaluate him and see if they found a decent piece.

Might also have been a humility test. I think it would be bad to tell the guys on the roster who've been working their asses off that you're gonna sign a guy off the street and start him.

So I see we signed Trevor Davis the WR who once joked about having a bomb at the airport. He was then arrested a few moments later.

Looks like he has some talent. 5th round pick in 2016.

Let’s hope he has grown up.

Sims back at practice... now the clock starts on when he gets reactivated to the active roster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.