• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Regular Season Practice / Roster / Injury updates

Logan Thomas was limited in practice with an ankle injury. Not exactly sure when it happened.

I don’t get it. Other teams suffer an injury and sign a veteran to bridge the gap.

We had a bye week to help Reid transition here and be most of the way through protocols.

But we want a veteran that played in the SB whose healthy to humble himself on the practice squad?

Cutting other valuable players? If signed early enough it would have been a one on one swap with Collins on IR.

I am only going down this line of reasoning because Ron said this year was about more than development.

If it were me I would position to try and get a high pick to select a qb.

I don’t get it. Other teams suffer an injury and sign a veteran to bridge the gap.

We had a bye week to help Reid transition here and be most of the way through protocols.

But we want a veteran that played in the SB whose healthy to humble himself on the practice squad?

Cutting other valuable players? If signed early enough it would have been a one on one swap with Collins on IR.

I am only going down this line of reasoning because Ron said this year was about more than development.

If it were me I would position to try and get a high pick to select a qb.

Putting Reid on the PS was likely a temporary situation to do exactly what you just said. Dez Bryant is going through the same process. Adding Reid to the PS gets him in the building, into practice (after his 5 day isolation) and gets him involved without having to waive another player in the process. Meanwhile you bring up Reaves, continue to practice with Curl and Everett, and see how they come along.

Rivera said the division is there to win... he said it was about MORE than development... that means development is still a part of it.. Adding Reid is likely a short term endeavor unless you want to spend money down the road. Bringing him in to rent for 8 games, with the likelihood that you either have to commit long term money, or let him walk at the end of the year... stunts development... especially if we mess around and lose the next 2 games and are basically eliminated from winning the division.

I also think they are higher on Curl than we realize. He's flashed this season and I think he's done enough to earn the chance to start against 2 bad offensive units.

Winning this crappy division while spending money and giving up assets is a bad thing to do.. Winning this division while playing your young guys, developing and evaluating your team is a really REALLY good thing to do... as long as you're not hindering the long term of the team. Stashing Reid while you get another look at Curl / Reaves is the best of both worlds. Bringing in Reid, playing him over those other two guys after only being in the building for less than a week after Curl / Reaves hav been practicing through the bye, would just be stunting the growth.

I get that Dez Bryant was signed to Baltimore’s practice squad. But he is coming off a severe injury which cost him a year and at 32 hasn’t been a frontline starter in some time.

Reid is healthy and started games in 2019.

I get that Dez Bryant was signed to Baltimore’s practice squad. But he is coming off a severe injury which cost him a year and at 32 hasn’t been a frontline starter in some time.

Reid is healthy and started games in 2019.

but why not when you have this option available? Reid can't even get into the building for at minimum 5 days. The report came out Wednesday the 28th that he turned down the offer. Collins had been placed on IR the day before, so it's likely that Reid could not sign til Wed because of the need to pass a physical and do other things. He has to wait 5 days to be able to join the team which puts him at Monday. So his first actual field time with the team is Wednesday... he's then starting on Sunday because it's likely the cut to make room for him would have been in the secondary. Does that make sense???

OR...

Does it make sense to bring up Reaves from the PS. Someone who has been playing in this defense since the beginning of camp. Sign Reid to the practice squad and allow him to get past Covid protocols and everything else. Give him the full week of practice this week with the team and look to possibly elevate him NEXT week ahead of the game vs the Lions? This is not Madden. You can't bring a player onto a team and insert them into the starting lineup and they know what's going on... especially someone at safety who's job is so dependent on what the people in front of them are doing.

Long ago at Stanford is right!

I don’t mind drafting injured players at certain spots like OL or DL but drafting guys coming off gruesome injuries at RB or WR whose bread and butter is speed and acceleration makes them problematic early to mid selections.

Round 4 IMO was too high for Love based on the injury.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.