• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon: Redskins Recon: The Pre-Season-The Bills

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
Finally! Redskins football...finally. New faces, new talent, new attitudes; we've been hearing about it all summer and I for one, am itching...

More...

As usual thanks for the effort serv!

Thanks Serv!

And I believe the answer to your question is Rob Jackson. He was a Buffalo QB that was supposed to turn their franchise around about fifteen years ago. The Bills traded, at that time, the proverbial "farm" to get him.

In his very first game, I remember that he left with a concussion.

I believe he played only four or five games that season, and set records for the number of times he was sacked. His season, and his career were done quickly.

He had a bad line and he held onto the ball too long. I personally disagree with the comparison, but that is who the Bills fan is referencing.

On another note, I certainly must confess to not being able to name more than about five current Bills players before reading this article--I know the QB, a few WRs and the RB.

But they certainly seem to have some talent. Especially on their front seven. This will be a good early test for our O-line and Griffin.

I just read the other day that Fitzpatrick had broken ribs for the second half or so of the season, and that was why he looked horrible. This could be a nice little test for the D.

Thanks, guys. McD5, I had totally forgotten about Rob Jackson-I hope his analogy is bad. :)

BTW, the Bills have released a depth chart for the first pre-season game if you want to check out who will be playing.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart.html

I agree that their defensive front will be a stern first test for our OL, I think.

Thanks Serv!

And I believe the answer to your question is Rob Jackson. He was a Buffalo QB that was supposed to turn their franchise around about fifteen years ago. The Bills traded, at that time, the proverbial "farm" to get him.

In his very first game, I remember that he left with a concussion.

I believe he played only four or five games that season, and set records for the number of times he was sacked. His season, and his career were done quickly.

He had a bad line and he held onto the ball too long. I personally disagree with the comparison, but that is who the Bills fan is referencing.

You mean Rob Johnson, I think. Had a cup of coffee with the Redskins in 2003

Thanks for the write up Serv, well done!

The 2012 Redskins are kind of like passing out at a party, waking up at 3 am and gingerly trying to find the light switch.

You just don't know what's there until the light comes on.

Thanks for the write up Serv, well done!

The 2012 Redskins are kind of like passing out at a party, waking up at 3 am and gingerly trying to find the light switch.

You just don't know what's there until the light comes on.

careful now....that may bring back bad memories for some vis the wake up after that party...and gingerly stealing a glance at what is sharing the bed: beauty queen...or manatee!

careful now....that may bring back bad memories for some vis the wake up after that party...and gingerly stealing a glance at what is sharing the bed: beauty queen...or manatee!

I think the manatee is still battling Cousins for the #2 QB slot.

is this game nationally televised ?

99% of the time that answer is no.

But, given that it is on a Thursday, and with this being the debut of RG3, we may be in luck.

If it isn't nationally televised, you will most likely be able to see the replay on the NFL network within 24 hours. You don't even have to subscribe to it. As long as your provider carries it.

The only live preseason game for the Skins that will be nationally televised is the 3rd game against the Colts on Aug 25

But you can catch the replay of the Bills game on NFL Network this Friday at 4pm

But, given that it is on a Thursday, and with this being the debut of RG3, we may be in luck.

Ha ! The pun never ends !

The only live preseason game for the Skins that will be nationally televised is the 3rd game against the Colts on Aug 25

Haha, yea, I think we all knew that game was sure to be national :)

MikeSr619 said:
The NFL network will show it eventually if they dont live. They have the past few years anyways.

We have about a 70-channel cable package where I live, and NFL Network isn't even among those. :(
Guess I'll be in a bar Thursday night.

We have about a 70-channel cable package where I live, and NFL Network isn't even among those. :(
Guess I'll be in a bar Thursday night.

You won't see the Skins at a bar on Thursday night amigo.

Have to wait til Friday for the replay, unless you are near the DMV.

Shoot, that's right. NFL Sunday Ticket doesn't cover any preseason, does it ?

They do.....but the Skins game will be on replay, shown on Friday.

They will show some highlights Thursday night, but not the whole game.

So either just see the spoilers......or stay offline until Friday afternoon lol.

I'm just trying to save you some money and frustration at a bar on Thursday night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.