• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Pro Bowl Selections

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
December 27, 2013

TRENT WILLIAMS SELECTED TO SECOND CONSECUTIVE PRO BOWL
Four Redskins selected as alternates

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The National Football League announced today that tackle Trent Williams has been selected to the 2014 Pro Bowl. The annual contest of the NFL's best will take place Sunday, Jan. 26, 2013 at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.

In addition, wide receiver Pierre Garçon, cornerback DeAngelo Hall, running back Alfred Morris and linebacker Brian Orakpo were selected as alternates.

Williams, 25, is in his third season as an offensive captain for the Redskins. He has remained among the league’s top left tackles in his first four seasons since being selected No. 4 overall in the 2010 NFL Draft.

“It’s a blessing,” Williams said. “I’m definitely excited about it… It means a lot. It lets me know my efforts didn’t go unseen. I know my teammates see it and my teammates feed off of it, but I’m definitely proud to see that my peers around the NFL recognized that also.”

Williams anchors an offensive line that has helped the Redskins rank second in the NFL in yards per rush (4.8) and fourth in the NFL in rushing yards per game (138.2). He has also helped running back Alfred Morris become the first Redskin to post consecutive 1,000-yard rushing seasons since Clinton Portis in 2007-08. The Redskins’ offense is on pace to post consecutive 6,000-yard offensive seasons for the first time in team history and the fourth highest yardage total in franchise history.

“Trent through the years has become a true professional,” Offensive Line Coach Chris Foerster said. “He continues to prepare and work hard every week. He takes on each game, his individual challenge. He’s really developed his preparation every week.”

After being selected to the Pro Bowl in 2012, Williams’ selection this season is the 15th by a Redskins offensive tackle since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, joining Chris Samuels (2001-02, 05-08), Jim Lachey (1990-91), Mark May (1988) and Joe Jacoby (1983-86). Between Williams and Samuels, Redskins left tackles have been selected to six of the last nine Pro Bowls. Williams joins Samuels, Lachey and Jacoby as the only Redskins tackles to make consecutive trips to the Pro Bowl since the merger.

With the Redskins’ selection this year, the team has had at least one Pro Bowl player for 20 straight seasons. The only year Washington has not had a Pro Bowler in team history was 1993. Shanahan has now coached players responsible for 76 Pro Bowl selections during his tenure as an NFL head coach. Shanahan has had at least one player selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his 20 seasons at the helm.

** Tackle Trent Williams and Offensive Line Coach Chris Foerster gave the following statements
to Redskins Public Relations on Friday evening **

Tackle Trent Williams

On earning his second consecutive Pro Bowl selection:
“It’s a blessing. I’m definitely excited about it. Even though as a team we didn’t play as well, it feels good that my individual effort earned me another trip to the Pro Bowl.”

On becoming the first Redskins offensive lineman since Chris Samuels to earn consecutive selections:
“It’s a huge deal for me. With Samuels being such a staple and me and my success as a Redskin, it feels great to share that title and that bond of both making consecutive Pro Bowls.”

On setting an example for his teammates as a team captain and being recognized by his peers around the league:
“It means a lot. It lets me know my efforts didn’t go unseen. I know my teammates see it and my teammates feed off of it, but I’m definitely proud to see that my peers around the NFL recognized that also.”

Offensive Line Coach Chris Foerster

On Williams’ development since being drafted in 2010:
“Trent through the years has become a true professional. He continues to prepare and work hard every week. He takes on each game, his individual challenge. He’s really developed his preparation every week.”

On Williams’ role as team captain and his leadership along the offensive line:
“The group together, that’s the one good thing about Trent – while he’s a team captain and everything, in the room, the guys all really are almost equal, and he does a nice job of that. All of our guys work together, and everybody understands their role and their job as far as being part of the offensive line. Trent is a great teammate for the guys in that room. You never feel like Trent is any different than Kory, Will, Chris or Tyler. They all work together. They do what they need to do. They all hold each other accountable, and Trent is a big part of that. But it’s the whole room, all the guys, the other guys in the room as well. Trent is one of the other guys in the room that sits in and works hard and makes it all go. Obviously he’s receiving all the accolades and everything, but in our room he’s just one of the other guys and it all works well together.”

On what part of Williams’ game developed this season to allow him to earn his second consecutive Pro Bowl appearance:
“He’s just continued to improve everything trying to work on his complete game. I would say there isn’t one facet at all that’s really made him make that second Pro Bowl. He’s just continued to work on every part of his game. He still has things to work on and improve as we sit here and speak today, and he knows those things and he’ll continue to work on them and hopefully continue to enjoy success.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.