• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Make Roster Moves

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
November 21, 2013

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed wide receiver Lance Lewis to the team’s active roster from its practice squad. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. In addition, the team signed wide receiver Josh Bellamy to its practice squad and placed wide receiver Leonard Hankerson on the Reserve/Injured list.

Lewis (6-2, 207) originally signed with the Redskins as a college free agent on May 2, 2012, before being released on Aug. 27, 2012. He re-signed with the Redskins on May 14, 2013. After being waived on Aug. 31, the team added him to its practice squad on Sept. 1.

Lewis finished his collegiate career at East Carolina, where he amassed a school-record 22 receiving touchdowns and exited the program ranking third in school history in career receptions (149) and fifth in receiving yards (1,716).

Lewis, 24, attended Concord (N.C.) H.S., leading the Spiders to state championships in both football and basketball as a senior. He was born on Nov. 8, 1988.

Bellamy (6-0, 206) originally signed with the Kansas City Chiefs as a college free agent on April 30, 2012. He spent the first 13 weeks of the 2012 season on the Chiefs’ practice squad before being added to the Chiefs’ active roster on Dec. 8. He appeared in three games, registering five kickoff returns for 101 yards and two special teams tackles. He was waived by the Chiefs on Aug. 31, 2013, before signing with the San Diego Chargers’ practice squad on Sept. 10. He was released from the Chargers’ practice squad on Nov. 19.

Bellamy, 24, finished his collegiate career at Louisville, where he played in 26 career games with 17 starts, catching 53 passes for 681 yards with seven receiving touchdowns.

Bellamy attended Boca Ciega H.S. in Gulfport, Fla. He was born on May 18, 1989.
Hankerson, 24, was drafted by the Redskins in the third round (79th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft. He appeared in Washington’s first 10 games this season with a career-high seven starts, recording 30 receptions for 375 yards (12.5 avg.) and tying a career season high with three receiving touchdowns.

The Redskins today announced they have made several roster moves, including releasing all but RG3, Cousins, T.Williams, Morris, Young, Garcon, Reed, Hall, Kerrigan, Orakpo,..................when asked how they expected to field a team coach Shanahan said " Can't get any ****ing worse".

I kid I kid, I've been salty this week my apologies

Lance Lewis = 6 game win streak and NFC East crown.

I love being delirious.

I know at least one person is excited about Lance being on the 53-man roster. Where you at, Elephant? Your man crush is on the roster!

I just hope the injury didn't slow him down too much. This kid totally dominated Stephon Gilmore who went in the first round in 2012. We'll see. I would like to see him succeed...we need a tall receiver who doesn't have alligator arms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.