• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

Redskins-Cowboys poll: Predict the winner and margin

One of many experimental iterations ...

Spence

The Rookie
Reaction score

The Redskins haven’t won two in a row this year, but they’re coming off their best game of the season and what qualifies for them as an offensive explosion. The Cowboys were riding high for a month on Tony Romo’s golden arm, but last Sunday in Green Bay the gold turned to dross and the Cowboys offense was humiliated by the Packers, scoring only a garbage-time touchdown before the end of the game.

Can the Redskins finally win two in a row and defeat their most hated rival in the process? Or was last week a mirage and this Sunday a return to brutal reality?

Vote now and tell us what you think!

PennSkinsfan

The UDFA
Reaction score

I chose Redskins by 1-3 points. Why? Ladell betts. Redskins move the ball with him. If Portis does play, I reserve the right to change this to Dallas by 4-9

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

I also chose Redskins by 1-3. Its gonna be a close game either way, and I just like being optimistic about Dallass week. :D

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

I'm with you on this one, Penn. I voted the same way but with a different caveat. The hinge I'm looking at is the status of Big Al's ankle-if he can stay in the majority of the time Rak, Carter and the boys could make life miserable for Romo-if not...well...I'm not so sure then.

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

I'm actually considering putting money on Washington +11...but I'm going to wait until Saturday to see how much the spread moves and in which direction.

Hog Fever

Vescere bracis meis
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

I'm actually considering putting money on Washington +11...but I'm going to wait until Saturday to see how much the spread moves and in which direction.
So the line is 11? Hmmmm....that's a big number in a rivalry game. Saying we haven't played great would be an understatement, but Dallas has been up and down this year too. We need to force Romo into trying to do too much.

The team with the most rushing yards at the end of the game will be the winner. Skins by a TD. Just because.

Aston Gambino

The UDFA
Reaction score

VCU

Redskins by 3.

I think the Packers exposed them a bit. We won't light up the scoreboard, but I don't think they do either. In an ugly game, they prove to be uglier.

Redskins 16
Cowboys 13

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

So the line is 11? Hmmmm....that's a big number in a rivalry game. Saying we haven't played great would be an understatement, but Dallas has been up and down this year too. We need to force Romo into trying to do too much.

The team with the most rushing yards at the end of the game will be the winner. Skins by a TD. Just because.
It was 11...not sure what it is now.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I think we keep it close most of the way, but succumb 24-17. I just have a feeling our O-Line returns to baseline this week.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Haha, I doubt you are correct, but I hope like hell you are! Being in that stadium with the Skins winning by 20+ would be a thing of BEAUTY.

Pleeeease take photos if this happens!!!!

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Cowboys are 3-1 at home. Skins winless on the road. That alone makes this a tough matchup for us.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

This is the first season ever, playing any kind of a pickem game, where I haven't picked the Redskins to win each and every week. I've had the homerism beaten out of me I guess :(

It's definitely not impossible for them to pull off a win. But they'll have to look a lot more like last week and nothing like they looked weeks prior to that to have a chance. That, and you never know whether Jeckyll or Hyde is going to show up when it comes to the Cowboys.

Jimbo

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

I picked the Skins 1-3 just because it's what I WANT to happen.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

oh its gonna be tough no question about it but i couldnt pick the bums if there was a gun to my head.
Mike, I have accused you of homerism before, but this is one sentiment I will always share with you no matter what our team looks like!!!

I cannot ever pick the Cowterds over the Redskins no matter how bad we are or what the consequences of said pick would be!

I hate the terds with every ounce of my being!

I think I may need some help! Haha!

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

5 Big Redskin Wins in Big “D”

Since the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry began in 1960 the Redskins have travelled to the lone star state 47 times. Of those 47 games the Redskins have only won 13. Cowboys hold a home series edge of 32-12-2. Here are some of the big wins down in Dallas.

December 11, 1983
This was a revenge game for the Redskins. In week one of the season the Redskins had a commanding 23-3 half-time lead at RFK. The Cowboys would comeback and win 31-30. In the second match up in Dallas the Redskins all decided to wear army fatigues to the stadium as they were ready for battle. That game also saw a couple of Cowboy defenders attempt to break up a fun bunch celebration in the back of the end zone after a TD by Art Monk. Redskins WIN 31 -10! The Redskins would go on to win the NFC East that year.

October 19, 1987
This game in 1987 was the game the replacement players played

Click on the link for the full article

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0