• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Receiving corps numbers

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Looked at these for another thread but figured I'd throw it out there to discuss.

I personally feel we have not been getting NEARLY enough from the guys we brought in, and after looking at this, it shows me I don't appear to be wrong.

Morgan - 23 for 263 0 tds
Garcon - 8 for 153 1 td
Briscoe - 1 for 14 0 td

combined, 32 for 430 and 1 td.

Moss 23 for 311 and 5, yes 5 td.
Hankerson 23 for 293 1 td
Robinson 8 for 114 1 td

combined 54 for 721 and 7 td.

I actually like Morgan. I know his numbers suck and he's not doing what you would expect his contract to give you, but I think he's coming along. Same with Hankerson.

The problem (in my opinion) is we don't have a solid vet presence on the team to provide any sort of mentoring or leadership for the young guys. Moss just isn't that guy, and we have no one else after him.

If these guys are still putting up these kinds of performances 2-3 years from now then that's a huge problem - but I'll give them this year to adjust.

Yeah, I agree about Morgan t-, but Hankerson is not impressing me at all. It seems like every time he catches a ball, he curls up in the fetal position on the ground afraid of any contact. The kid seems to be able to get open on the short to mid range routes, but he doesn't have the speed to get away from the defender down field. Watching Demaryus Thomas in Denver last night and I was blown away that a 6' 3" 230 pound receiver was so fast. He always seems to get open.

Hank doesn't seem to have any problem getting open, its holding onto the ball when he gets there that is the issue. That's a concentration thing that *should* be fixable...we'll see though.

If we are fair though, Briscoe was a stretch who got cut by another team and Garçon has been injured, missing 5 of 8 games completely and 3/4 of the first game. Comparing his numbers to those of 5 guys who have been healthy the whole season is kinda tough. I know there is some frustration over his injury but it isn't like he has a history of it or anything.

Hank doesn't seem to have any problem getting open, its holding onto the ball when he gets there that is the issue. That's a concentration thing that *should* be fixable...we'll see though.
But that plays into what I was saying Lanky, he appears to be afraid of contact. You can't fix that. He seems to play scared. I have been rooting for him. We both thought he could succeed here when we drafted him. I saw what he'd done in Miami and I think the rub was his hands back then and the same argument was made, you can fix that. Well, here we are...

Yeah, I agree about Morgan t-, but Hankerson is not impressing me at all. It seems like every time he catches a ball, he curls up in the fetal position on the ground afraid of any contact. The kid seems to be able to get open on the short to mid range routes, but he doesn't have the speed to get away from the defender down field. Watching Demaryus Thomas in Denver last night and I was blown away that a 6' 3" 230 pound receiver was so fast. He always seems to get open.

Hank does have the longest reception from scrimmage... the 68 yard bomb against St Louis where he got behind the defender, but he did almost drop the ball. He seems to show he's got the ability to get open, and it seems Griffin likes throwing him the ball.

Yeah, these are complete subjective (both yours and mine) opinions that are based on a 'feel' you get by watching him; so I can't really argue with you on Hankerson.

I think he's raw and young. I think he has potential and is coming along, but he needs to make strides; if he's still dropping those deep balls and not showing any desire to be physical in weeks 15, 16, and 17 I'll be forced to concede that you're probably in the right on on him.

Hopefully Hankerson can learn how to catch and use his body, because it's not an option to teach 6'2" 211lbs and WR's don't grow on trees :(

If we are fair though, Briscoe was a stretch who got cut by another team and Garçon has been injured, missing 5 of 8 games completely and 3/4 of the first game. Comparing his numbers to those of 5 guys who have been healthy the whole season is kinda tough. I know there is some frustration over his injury but it isn't like he has a history of it or anything.

he's got a very lucrative contract and he's been with the Redskins for 8 games... That's pretty much the only history i'm concerned with at this point. As much money as he's making, his injury situation should have been handled better, and he should have been back by now. Whether it was a bad diagnosis, he was holding info back, or whatever the reason, it's not right.

he's got a very lucrative contract and he's been with the Redskins for 8 games... That's pretty much the only history i'm concerned with at this point. As much money as he's making, his injury situation should have been handled better, and he should have been back by now. Whether it was a bad diagnosis, he was holding info back, or whatever the reason, it's not right.

his injury isn't one that you can come back from in 7 weeks.

at least that's my understanding.

i'm fed up with the medical staff and am ready to fire them, but i'm not sure how this situation could have ended in any way that puts garcon back on the field... the only way is that he doesn't get injured in the first place.

his injury isn't one that you can come back from in 7 weeks.

at least that's my understanding.

i'm fed up with the medical staff and am ready to fire them, but i'm not sure how this situation could have ended in any way that puts garcon back on the field... the only way is that he doesn't get injured in the first place.

my frustration is that it was ONLY diagnosed as a tear less then 2 weeks ago. that tells me one of a couple of things has happened.

1. Smoke screen, they've known all along, but are just now releasing the info.
2. Garcon held back information and it wasn't getting treated, which caused the tear to become a tear.
3. The staff had problems diagnosing the problem, and either it progressed and got worse, or it's always been this way... no way of knowing.
4. The medical staff is completely inept and has absolutely no ability to do their jobs.

Whichever one it is, the guy is supposed to be out no. 1 receiving threat, and we shouldn't just be playin around with this guys health.

Look, sometimes things are misdiagnosed. Probably a lot actually. It happens. Even to the very best doctors money can buy. That is just the way it is.

Moss figures prominently in your list too but we all know he is a bit fragile and could get injured walking across an empty parking lot. It is likely blind luck and a decreased workload that has him healthy at this point.

Strange things happen that none of us can foresee or control.

my frustration is that it was ONLY diagnosed as a tear less then 2 weeks ago. that tells me one of a couple of things has happened.

1. Smoke screen, they've known all along, but are just now releasing the info.
2. Garcon held back information and it wasn't getting treated, which caused the tear to become a tear.
3. The staff had problems diagnosing the problem, and either it progressed and got worse, or it's always been this way... no way of knowing.
4. The medical staff is completely inept and has absolutely no ability to do their jobs.

Whichever one it is, the guy is supposed to be out no. 1 receiving threat, and we shouldn't just be playin around with this guys health.

Right, but none of which mean he should be back on the field yet. There is the possibility it was a minor injury that turned into a big one due to your list, but we don't know that yet; it's simply speculation.
I'm not sure what happened when, and unfortunately it doesn't sound like our medical staff is either.

Right, but none of which mean he should be back on the field yet. There is the possibility it was a minor injury that turned into a big one due to your list, but we don't know that yet; it's simply speculation.
I'm not sure what happened when, and unfortunately it doesn't sound like our medical staff is either.

oh i agree, but like you said, we dont know. We could play the what if game all day long. Bottom line is that we brought this guy in, were paying him a lot of money and he hasnt been on the field.

From what i've been reading, it's the general consensus that the injury happened on the long TD week 1. That was 7 weeks ago. He 's played in 2 games SINCE then. I have a hard time believing the medical staff cleared him to play if they had all the info.

Of those numbers above, Garcon is really the one that's killing us. Morgan clearly can't step up and take his place as our top WR, but that's not supposed to be his job.

The other big disappointment, to me, is Hankerson. He just looks flat out there a lot. If I was hoping for anyone to be able to step into the #1 role it would be him. Maybe he'll continue to develop and become a force next year. Sometimes WRs need a little more time to find their game.

Moss looks tired a lot. He's probably the best WR we have left but he really can't do it himself anymore. He's a solid slot WR at this point and not much more. Our big problem is, as usual, we don't have a #1. And it's really starting to hurt us now.

Look, sometimes things are misdiagnosed. Probably a lot actually. It happens. Even to the very best doctors money can buy. That is just the way it is.

Moss figures prominently in your list too but we all know he is a bit fragile and could get injured walking across an empty parking lot. It is likely blind luck and a decreased workload that has him healthy at this point.

Strange things happen that none of us can foresee or control.

Im not arguing this. Yes, thing happen, and things get misdiagnosed. My whole point in the thread was that the 3 guys we've brought in, through the first half of the season, haven't performed as well as the guys we've already had here.

I'm absolutely frustrated with the way this process has been handled, and who is at fault for it is not for me to decide. That being said, when you sign a guy to a $42 mil contract you dont handle it this way.

They came out early on and said "it just comes down to how much pain he can handle, it's not going to make things worse if he goes." Then 2 weeks later come out and release that it's a tear. What does that say? I know they're going by what Garcon is telling them so he's not in the clear either..

Keep in mind that Hankerson is only in year 2; historically WRs often "break-out" in their third year. Will that happen with Hank? He certainly has the QB to make it happen, but the concentration issues are up to him.

Hank needs lasik, you heard it here first. Look at his drops, misses, failure to adjust to the ball.... too much madden and texting his eyes are the problem. As far as him being a puss? Well in many of those case he needs to protect the ball so until it becomes pinkston blatant then I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hank needs lasik, you heard it here first. Look at his drops, misses, failure to adjust to the ball.... too much madden and texting his eyes are the problem. As far as him being a puss? Well in many of those case he needs to protect the ball so until it becomes pinkston blatant then I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Seeing is the most important thing!

I don't think its that important...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.