• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

We're all excited about Terry.... meanwhile he's looking at himself and trying to get better.

LOCK HIM UP. THIS is what you want from your team leaders.

not one comment about inconsistent QB play or play calling... not one comment about back to back 1K seasons.... not one comment about covid or anything else.. it's 100% how can I be better. Th is cannot be understated

Either Samuel or Brown need to step up next year or hit the road.

Heinicke deserves to stay one more season at least. Whether to compete or start, he has done enough to be here.

I dont think we can close the book on Brown, he's a 3rd round WR pick so not a ton of investment. Samuel however needs to prove his value vs his contract. This season we saw NOTHING from him, so there's not even a glimpse of "he could be." He's got next season to show up or we can truly write off that signing as massive bust.

I agree, but I'm tired of living off of *next year potential".

I want a solid core that we build around.

I agree, but I'm tired of living off of *next year potential".

I want a solid core that we build around.

you and me both brother

I do think we (myself included) tend to close the book on talent because we jump on "what have you done for me lately" and quickly latch onto promise. A lot of love for a guy like Cam Sims that we hold onto for multiple seasons, but we're ready to say Jamin Davis is a missed pick. Kam Curl and Terry McLaurin are core guys, but they're they exception... Late(r) round picks that prove to be better than their draft status.... meanwhile guys like Holcomb and Logan Thomas, players that we ALL were critical of upon their initial investment, have proven to be factors in the long term development of the team.

Rivera seemed to fess up to the fact that everyone was romanced by the success they had (against a bevy of bad teams), players and coaches alike. (If 7-9 is success).

The playoff game probably took that feeling over the top.

He’s denying it because it makes him look like a greedy mofo who only cares about $$ and has no loyalty to this team or what the coaches and front office are trying to build. All of which may be accurate.

Many will say that it’s a business, the guy is just looking out for his and his family’s best interests like any of us have the right to do and would do.

And of course he has the right to do whatever feels is best. But it’s not an ‘either/or’ situation right? He’s already made enough to take care of generations of his family and would continue to be paid a king’s ransom if he elected to stay in DC. If he prioritizes making an additional few million a season over everything else, that’s his prerogative but doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be called out on it by fans.

What did I miss? Did Let Go Brandon comment on Mayhew’s statement?

He was offered a contract that would have made him the highest paid guard in the league.

If that's true and he denied it, what does it say about our "culture"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.