• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Is Fitzpatrick better than a one legged Alex Smith?
Yes?
Then they are already better than last year on offense.

"Very simple,very easy.."- Chef Tell

Wow...well done. Not just a great punter, he has a future in standup.

I was going to start a 2021 Linebackers thread but decided against it out of a lack of interest.

I was going to contribute some varsity posts today but I’m working off to the side with Curtis Samuels instead.

Rivera made some cryptic comments about a possible move that would have reporters talking today.

They couldn’t be trying to talk Luke Kuechly out of retirement could they? He’s only 30 😳

Why would they even contemplate that? Sure he's only 30 but that concussion history? That's another Jordan Reed situation all over again....

he’s one of the best linebackers in recent history.

He did have 3 concussions between 2015 and 2017, but didn’t have any issues or miss any games from then until retirement after the 2019 season.

I wouldn’t put him in the Jordan Reed category.

But with the movement to youth, this would be out of character with the way he's been building the roster.

Just don't see taking on a risk like Kuechly.

It's just a fan rumor based on Rivera's cryptic comment, so probably not what's going on anyway. But he's 30, was one of the best LBs in the league on the day he retired, and could be an incredible mentor for Davis, not to mention a top tier contributor for 3-4 seasons. It's a no-brainer if he wants to play. The only risk would be he has a couple more concussions and has to retire. I don't see the downside (if he decides the risk is worth it).

London Fletcher had a number of concussions over the years before he came to DC (and a couple here). Not saying that's a good thing - it's obviously not. But its a matter of degree. I'm sure if Kuechly was genuinely concerned, he'd decline a chance to return.

Last edited:
I do wonder if we would have to compensate the Panthers if he were to come back? Seems like that is based on time-retired but I'm too lazy to research it. I believe Kuechly had 2 years left on his contract so he can't just sign with another team if he 'un-retires'. The Panthers would have to either cut him officially or agree to it, likely meaning they'd ask for something in return. Just to, you know, flesh out the conspiracy some more - that could be what's being 'worked out'.

• On Fire
Reactions: Om
Damn. David Patten died… no idea what happened

Greenie bringing the WFT heat!

Really? They have Jacobs and Drake. Why would they want him? Granted I’m glad he’s off this roster, but that doesn’t really make sense for them.
It's the Raiders. They don't make any sense.

I heard today that Jalen Richard is on IR so he is out for the start of the year of not longer. I guess they want Barber to hold his spot on the bench.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.