• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

That game is one that taught me it’s never over until it’s over. Up until then, I always thought the other team had to do something really stupid to give up the game, a la Troy Aikman fumbling in the end zone in 92. But to see the offense make the impossible plays was amazing. I was so depressed before that first TD. Even after that, I was only vaguely thought they could win. One play changed that and I couldn’t sleep at all that night I was so fired up. Now I am always trying to figure out what the team has to do to win because I’ve seen it happen.

We had no business winning that game but damn if we didnt do it. We found ourselves on the other side of the line for a change. For years we've found ourselves watching THAT type of scenario happen to us and it was so refreshing to see how it felt watching in shock in a positive light instead of a negative one. That game overshadows the 35-7 demolishing of the Cowboys we got to experience later in the year....

We had no business winning that game but damn if we didnt do it. We found ourselves on the other side of the line for a change. For years we've found ourselves watching THAT type of scenario happen to us and it was so refreshing to see how it felt watching in shock in a positive light instead of a negative one. That game overshadows the 35-7 demolishing of the Cowboys we got to experience later in the year....

Probably. But that shit was pretty sweet too. The look on Parcell's face after Cooley busts various Cowboy "tackles" to make it 28-0. :)

Cooley had his career game there...

ol Roy "horse collar" Williams in full display, too.

Cooley had a vendetta against Parcells and it was great to see him take it out on him that day. Parcells told him during a draft interview he’d never be more than a special teams player. So scoring 3 times to basically end the Cowboys season was spectacular.

I know it didn’t end up in a Super Bowl, but he’s a legend for that game. Just like Timmy Smith and Doug Williams. Doug was obviously a good QB, but his only great moment in DC was the Super Bowl. Smith literally had 1 good game his whole career. I don’t know if Heinicke will ever play again, but that play is one of Redskins lore.

Curious if Brandon’s contract situation is all about the $, or maybe he was waiting to see what the team did in the offseason/draft to change his mind. Either way I don’t see him in maroon & black past this 2021 season honestly

Curious if Brandon’s contract situation is all about the $, or maybe he was waiting to see what the team did in the offseason/draft to change his mind. Either way I don’t see him in maroon & black past this 2021 season honestly

I agree, I imagine the addition of Flowers gives the team flexibility. Scherff @ $15mil + being north of 30 and not having played a full season in multiple seasons... it likely means they decided to squeeze the balloon on his end to push air to other areas.

we all see what the Lams are doing. It is no secret they are trying to buy as many good players as they can before their window closes.

Problem is, none of them step up in post season. They just lay eggs and lose.

we all see what the Lams are doing. It is no secret they are trying to buy as many good players as they can before their window closes.

Problem is, none of them step up in post season. They just lay eggs and lose.

that was a reference that they've been very healthy. I shared it because over the last 7 seasons Washington has averaged the MOST games lost to injury

Are the Washington Redskins receiving too much hype this offseason?

It definitely feels foreign to me.

But, we are looking pretty dangerous so far.

I am more excited than since Joe Gibbs returned.

I hope it doesn’t play out like a Charlie Brown kick.

Ron Rivera is doing one hell of a job imo, on every level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 2, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.