• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Sean Taylor would have been retired by now. It is weird to think that since all I see are highlights of him hitting like a monster, but 16 years would have definitely been enough.

Sean Taylor would have been retired by now. It is weird to think that since all I see are highlights of him hitting like a monster, but 16 years would have definitely been enough.

Yeah, and I think the game would have pushed him out of effectiveness. He was good enough to adjust, but his game would have had to change over the 2nd half of his career.

Yeah, and I think the game would have pushed him out of effectiveness. He was good enough to adjust, but his game would have had to change over the 2nd half of his career.
I never saw him lowering his head unless he intended to. When he took out McNabb, he knew that was a cheap hit. But, he was a pure tackler....he just tackled harder and better than anyone else.

I never saw him lowering his head unless he intended to. When he took our McNabb, he knew that was a cheap hit. But, he was a pure tackler....he just tackled harder and better than anyone else.

I agree, but the game is different now. We've seen a lot of impacts that dont include the head get flagged because they looked violent. He also was not afraid to intimidate. He harassed WRs.

Biggest question with ST would’ve been his health. You have to think with the way he played that concussions may have become a problem. I know he gave more than he got, but no one has ever routinely put hits on guys as violently as he did.

I didn’t say he was a head hunter - but he had his share of ‘bell rung’ moments and just my opinion in today’s concussion-sensitive game his career might not have been as long as we think. Hard not to incur some damage with those kinds of violent hits even if you are the one dishing them out.

I didn’t say he was a head hunter - but he had his share of ‘bell rung’ moments and just my opinion in today’s concussion-sensitive game his career might not have been as long as we think. Hard not to incur some damage with those kinds of violent hits even if you are the one dishing them out.

i get it, you would hope with his propensity to avoid leading with his head that he could avoid it, but when you play as violent as he does, going 100MPH all the time, you're susceptible to contact with your head, even if it's not helmet to helmet.

Tragedy is we never got to find out. Best Redskin player I ever saw play live. There’s never been a Redskin who could take over or turn a game on his own like he could, before or since.

Green in the ‘80s was that kind of player.

But that comparison shows how far Taylor would have come if only.....,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That is about as depressing as it gets. Love Chase but he can never hope to have the impact someone like Burrow could have had. Feels like the stars can never ever line up for this team when it comes to the QB position.

That is about as depressing as it gets. Love Chase but he can never hope to have the impact someone like Burrow could have had. Feels like the stars can never ever line up for this team when it comes to the QB position.

Having this debate on another Washington Football Team board...

I think our issue at QB has not been where we've picked, or the alignment of the stars, it's been the evaluators. I'm not saying we should bank on finding a guy in the 5th, but Big Ben was picked 11th... Matt Ryan 3rd... we will likely have a shot at 3 different first round QBs in this draft, it's up to Smith, Rivera, Zampese, and Turner to figure out which one will work, if any.

Of course. Like we have on numerous other occasions. You can’t tell me this franchise hasn’t been the most snake-bit in NFL history when it comes to being able to find a decent starting QB. It defies belief. I get it’s a new administration and some new talent evaluators. But it’s still this franchise. I’m not sure anything short of exorcism can cure it’s ills.

Of course. Like we have on numerous other occasions. You can’t tell me this franchise hasn’t been the most snake-bit in NFL history when it comes to being able to find a decent starting QB. It defies belief. I get it’s a new administration and some new talent evaluators. But it’s still this franchise. I’m not sure anything short of exorcism can cure it’s ills.

Fair enough, but i ask you to look at this way. Who are we taking?

RG3? He's the last 'elite' talent pick we've made at the position and he was largely not a pro-style QB. He did not show any ability to protect himself and it was proven. The hit on his knee was not a freak injury, it was him trying to make a play, then DIVING instead of protecting himself. It all went down hill from there.

Kirk Cousins? Bruce and Dan bungled that situation, and he's not elite either. He was in the good - really good category. That was not a snake bit, that was us jacking with a player and that player deciding to leave

Now I will agree that the Alex Smith and Kyle Allen injuries were freak injuries, but I will to this day argue that Gruden is responsible for that injury. We were playing against one of the top 3 dominant interior lineman on 3rd and 9, and we have Morgan Moses man to man against J.J. Watt. There was a single back lined up next to Alex who's job was to leak to the left, no pass pro responsibility, and there was no hot read. Alex got engulfed before he could do anything. Now this COULD be on the center or Alex for not adjusting the protection package... It COULD be that Alex missed the blitz, Quinn was open because the corner rushed, but at the end of the day if you leave Morgan Moses 1v1 on JJ Watt, bad things are going to happen.... the corner came on a blitz and 3 guys met at Alex, torqueing his leg. Could this have been avoided? Yeah it could have... You can't 'plan' for it, but you can scheme to protect your QB and we didn't do that. No TE chip, no screen, misdirection, or hot read... Just a line up and hope it works mentality.

Allen was a lot more of a freak injury, i'll give you that. Gibson did his best to chip, but Peppers just got through and it was a leg whip. The protection could have been different, but we're still talking about Kyle Allen. A lot of us were hoping he could be a bridge guy and maybe surprise us all and be better than average, but he's been widely regarded as a career backup... Ron Rivera's version of Colt McCoy.

Colt McCoy broke his leg trying to extend a play.

Look at this talent....

Reactions: Om
Having this debate on another Washington Football Team board...

I think our issue at QB has not been where we've picked, or the alignment of the stars, it's been the evaluators. I'm not saying we should bank on finding a guy in the 5th, but Big Ben was picked 11th... Matt Ryan 3rd... we will likely have a shot at 3 different first round QBs in this draft, it's up to Smith, Rivera, Zampese, and Turner to figure out which one will work, if any.

Agree 100%. It’s always about who you pick, not where you pick. Yes, picking higher gives you the chance to pick who you want. But they still have to be the right pick. There have been a lot of bigger misses at higher draft picks than the Redskins recent history of failures. You have to have the right people picking the right guys.

Another key factor is our team has NEVER been able to maximize talent from a player., especially at QB. It’s as if a player has success with Washington it’s in spite of the coaching.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.